Tagify text area element: unexpected search result

VOI

Hi,

today I tested the tagify function for the text area element (e.g. "issues_project_lead"). I set "Tagify" to "yes" and left the "Custom tagify URL" empty since the element's child elements are used in different lists and the lists in different menu items making it impossible to define a static URL to direct to.

When entering comma-separated values in the element (e.g. "tag1, tag2, tag3") they get displayed as clickable tags in the list view - so far so great.

However, when clicking on one tag (eg. "tag3") only records containing this tag only in the text area element are returned. The SQL statement shown when activating Fabrik Debug is

Code:
WHERE ( `projects`.`issues_project_lead` = 'Tag3' )

Although this is the behaviour described in the help section for the tagify function, this wasnt what I expected. In the above example the record from which I started the search is not included in the search result although it contains the tag "tag3". Reason for this is that is also contains other tags.

I would expect the SQL Statement to be something like

Code:
WHERE ( `projects`.`issues_project_lead` LIKE '%Tag3,%' )

Otherwise the use of multiple tags within the text area doesnt make sense since these records would never be returned when clicking on any of the tags.

Did I get or do anything wrong here?

Cheers

Chris

Problem solved - you have to set 'Exact Match' to 'No' (List View Settings - Filter) for the tagified text area element to make the tagify function work as expected by me. Closing the thread.

Found another issue: after applying the "tag filter" for a second time there is no effect.

I.e. if a there are two tags in one text area element and you click on the first one (e.g. "Tag1") the list gets filtered by this one. After that you click on the second one (e.g. "Tag2") the filter effect stay unchanged - due to an unchanged the SQL statement from FabrikDebug:

Code:
WHERE ( `projects`.`issues_project_lead` REGEXP LOWER('Tag1') )

I guess the reason for this is that each time to click on a tag - starting from the second time - an superfluous "&" is added to the URL. Thus, after the second "tag filter" the URL looks some like

&&projects___issues_project_lead=Tag2

Probably avoiding the addition of another "&" would solve the problem.

Chris

Hi could you post a url to the list please? I thought we added a 'resetfilters=1' to the tag urls, - I think whilst the double && is not pretty it should affect the actual data being posted. Its more likely that the previous filter is sticking and not being overridden by the new querystring filter.

Hi

I re-open this old thread.
Any solution on this filtering problem with the tags?
Thanks!

I switched to the tag element instead of a tagified textarea element. Therefore I cant offer any solutions.

Chris

As the thread is in 3.0.x section for J2.5.x I think there is no tag element for this fabrik version.
That's why I asked for a solution.
Thanks.

Problem solved - you have to set 'Exact Match' to 'No' (List View Settings - Filter) for the tagified text area element to make the tagify function work as expected by me. Closing the thread.

That doesn't seem to work for me.
In debug I get:

WHERE ( `fab_egkiklioi`.`lekseis` REGEXP LOWER('??????') )

However if I use the filter for the same word the query is like this:

WHERE ( `fab_egkiklioi`.`lekseis` LIKE '%??????%' )

and works ok.

Any ideas?

Nope, no ideas. We are focusing all tag related development on the tag element, and on support for Joomla 3.3.x versions. Fabrik 3.0 on J! 2.5 is now in "maintenance mode", and we're really only fixing security related bugs, or serious "core" issues.

The issues you are running in to are very deep seated in the way post, query string and session filters interact, which is some very complex code, and has been greatly modified and improved in Fabrik 3.1/2. We really don't have the time to port the changes and fixes back to 3.0, as it would almost certainly introduce a lot of other issues in the process of fixing this one.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but J! 2.5 is a now dead version of Joomla, and with it died Fabrik 3.0. So 3.0 "is what it is". The only way we can really afford to provide more than "usage" support and maintenance coding support for it is on a custom basis.

-- hugh

If this is critical to your app, I don't mind trying to help, but I'm pretty sure this will be a real pig to try and sort out, from my experience with getting session vs post filters working.

Next time we're talking on Skype, show me the issue on your site, which will give me a better idea.

-- hugh

Ok Hugh..:)
It's not so critical. Maybe if you see it live you manage to sort it out somehow..:)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back