Thumbnails problem after AWS S3 (SDK)

Why Thumbnails are not anymore created after S3 SDK as storage type?

• Maybe the php codes don't that the S3 bucket path has a new alias: _.cloudfront.net/?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe the S3 bucket needs another additional settings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marozen

At the fileupload element I used to successfully upload images to filesystem: Images and Thumbs. Now I store the images in AWS S3 SDK because I expect the most users in another region and I want to use a content delivery network (CDN) at cloudfront.net (from AWS).

Images are successfully uploaded to the S3 bucket via SDK and they are also successfully displayed from ___.cloudfront.net/images/RAD/Photo4/Senna%20spectabilis3.jpg (example). I added CORS policy and public access to the bucket.

Unfortunately the thumbnails are not created as before in the thumbnail folder path. Another remarkable thing is that portrait photo uploads from smartphones were solved recently, but now again fail to orientate correctly. When upload it with filesystem again the thumbnails are still working as well as the EXIF orientation.

Any help would be very appreciated because using AWS S3 and AWS' CDN saves a lot of uploading and downloading time.

Did somebody succeed to create thumbnails when images are uploaded to S3? After searching for answers it seems that it's not possible. But the AWS lambda code might resize the uploaded images instead in another S3 bucket. I will try it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back