Transferred from Fabrik 3.0.9 to Fabrik 3.2 = javascript error in form

porlhews

Hi everyone,

I built a fairly complicated form in Joomla 2.5 using Fabrik 3.0.9. The form worked excellently in Chrome, however when I launched it publicly it became apparent that Internet Explorer was not happy at all. (stupid me for not checking first I know).

After trying a few things, I sought advice on here
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/ie-cannot-select-dropdown-element.39668/

I now accept that the easiest way of resolving this is to upgrade Joomla to 3.3 and Fabrik to 3.2.

I installed Joomla 3.3 and Fabrik 3.2 and then followed these instructions to import my Mysql tables from my old database to my new database:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...oving-your-development-site-to-your-live-site

So far it looks like it's worked, however when I open the form I get the following javascript error:

Fabrik.blocks['form_2'].dispatchEvent('dropdown', 'jos_permit___Are_you_providing_transport_for_young_people', 'change', 'if (this.get(\'value\') == \'Yes\') {Fabrik.blocks[\'form_2\'].doElementFX(\'fabrik_trigger_group_group10\', \'show\', this)}');
The javascript associated with this element is seemingly nothing special - I created it using the options available rather than writing my own code.
I've tried unpublishing the javascript and then republishing it - the javascript error returns exactly as before.
I've tried deleting the javascript and then recreating it - the javascript error returns exactly as before.
I might be completly wrong, but should the backslashes I have highlighted in red be present?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks in advance,
Paul Hughes
P.S. Both of my sites are using PHP 5.5

Hi troester,

First of all - thanks for your help. I've been doing this for about 5 years volunteering for a charity in my spare time - so I'm definitely an amateur and really appreciate your help.

I did find that page when I was doing the update.

Something that has just occurred to me through. Should the process be:

1: On joomla 2.5 website, update to Fabrikar 3.2
2: Edit and save all elements which have javascript within the old (joomla 2.5) website to encode the javascript events (as described in the link you provided)
3: Export fabrik database tables from Joomla 2.5 website
4: Install Fabrik 3.2 on Joomla 3.3
5: Import fabrik database tables into new (joomla 3.3) website

Thanks again,

Paul

Sorry I still can't make this work.

I followed the steps I outlined in my previous post, namely:

1: On joomla 2.5 website, update to Fabrikar 3.2
2: Edit and save all elements which have javascript within the old (joomla 2.5) website to encode the javascript events (as described in the link you provided)
3: Export fabrik database tables from Joomla 2.5 website
4: Install Fabrik 3.2 on Joomla 3.3
5: Import fabrik database tables into new (joomla 3.3) website

When I do this, I now get the JS error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier" associated with one of my javascript events in my joomla 3.3/ fabrikar 3.2 site.

So I edited that particular fabirkar element and saved it - this appears to make no difference to the fabrik_jsactions database table and the JS error still appears.

I deleted the javascript from the element completly (checked this in the database table too, definitely gone) - the error disappeared, but when I rewrote the javascript, the error returned.

The javescript is just writte using the options available, nothing custom associated with this element.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Hughes

Members online

No members online now.
Back