update column plugin - values element type from filter

Martooti

I have a date element that has a range filter established. When I try to update the value of this element with update column plugin I get range fields for the value. Is there any way to fix that? (image attached)
Also I would like to know if it is possible to show just some element but with values editable by user. I mean i have for example date element, title, description etc, and I want only date to be editable by update column plugin, but I cannot specify value to update with, since it should be any date chosen when updating.

Attachments

• screenshot-redseapages com 2015-08-05 09-15-15.png
    screenshot-redseapages com 2015-08-05 09-15-15.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 144
Yup, that range thing is an issue. The problem is, we piggy backed the update_col code on the advanced search code, because most of the time that works fine, and it's basically doing the same thing - rendering a way of getting a value for an element, when we're in a list rather than form context.

I'm talking to Rob about how to differentiate the update_col usage from the advanced search usage. So we will hopefully have a solution some time soon, although not right this minute.

As for your second question, @thomasmes has a similar requirement, and we've gone backwards and forwards for some time on how to achieve this. As you both observe, the problem is, providing a default for the update. Because the list plugin architecture assumes you can be operating on any number of rows, there is currently no mechanism for supplying existing values for a single row's elements to the plugin code.

As this is a non trivial issue, and would require quite a lot of coding to resolve, I'm kind of stuck with getting it done for Thomas. Unfortunately, it comes down to "time is money", and it's probably at least a full days work to implement what I think you both need, which is:

Add a mode to update_col which enforces "single row update only", so it won't let you try and operate on more than one row. And in this mode, it would use the element's current value as the default when rendering the update input.

Additionally, Thomas has a need to pre-render the elements he wants to allow the user to update, rather than simply restrict the list of updateable element the user can choose to add.

Anyway ... perhaps the two of you could agree to share the cost of adding these features?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back