Update_col plugin has stopped working

p38

Hi,

The update_col bulk update plugin was working fine, but I have just discovered it has stopped working, perhaps after the last few GIT updates.

When you click on the icon, nothing happens, not even a url change.

Any suggestions how we solve this, as I need this for the weekend client competition.

Paul

If it is urgent, if it used to work and if you have a backup of the moment it worked, you can always revert back to this version.
You don't need to backup the whole site. If you have a previous GitHub download (I always keep a half dozen previous downloads for this reason) that used to work, "update" (in fact "downgrade") to this version (except if there are any fixes that you need in more recent version).

Hi, yes I have all my previous GIT updates, except the only problem is I dont know when it broke.

If I downgrade say a month ago, then I lose a lot of bug fixes on many other fabrik items that were fixed.

Would it work if I just downgrade the update_col plugin?

Paul

It is usually a bad idea to just upload one plugin as usually changes occur on core files too.
You can try to look a the modified date of the files in the plugin to see when was the latest change and try to revert just before that.

Thanks, it now works again.

Please can you look at your logic for the "Date" element. If I want to update a date field, and I have dropdown filter selected on that element, then I cannot enter a new "date" value, it renders a dropdown instead.

Thanks

Paul

I must not understand your description. Here's what I'm doing ...

I edit my date element and set it to a filter type: dropdown.
I then go to my inline edit list and double click on the date.
The standard date picker appears and I can select any date I like.

I also tried with filtering the list on the date element and then using the inline edit plugin.

In both cases I always see the date picker element.

Can you think of what is in your set up that might be different from what I'm doing?

Rob, this is for BULK UPDATES, not inline edit.

So try and do a bulk update on that date element and you will see what I mean.

Paul

I'm not sure what you mean by BULK UPDATES. Can you record a 10 second Jing video to show us what you mean? If you don't already have Jing installed, it's a must have.

Jing, screenshot and screencast software from TechSmith

It comes with 2GB free cloud storage, so recording and publishing a quick screencast is a 3 click operation. A picture is worth a thousand words. A moving picture, at least ten thousand. So much easier to show rather than describe.

-- hugh

Sorry, I realised I changed the title of my "update_col" plugin to "bulk update".

This screenshot explains everything

Paul

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 275
ah ok that makes sense :) Guess I was stuck in inline edit mode :D
I could replicate that and have fixed it in github

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.