update_col pops up blank window on page load

SteveRL

I'm having a problem with the update_col list plugin in that it pops up a blank window when the page loads. It seems exactly like the symptoms in this thread but the reported workaround doesn't work for me. The plugin seems to work properly if I use 'Update' and specify exactly what to update. As soon as I set 'Allow user selection' (my intended config) to 'Yes' and choose a selectable element, I get the blank popup on page load.

Here is what I'm running:

Joomla! 3.8.5
Update Columns list plugin 3.8.1 (I've tried older version)
Fabrik is 3.8.1
Template Purity III (same result on prostar)

Here is the console error I see when the page/popup loads:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null
    at Object.onContentLoaded (update_col-min.js:3)
    at Object.loadContent (window.js:3)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at Object.makeWindow (window.js:3)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at Object.initialize (window.js:3)
    at Object.<anonymous> (mootools-more.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:27)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner [as initialize] (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:38)
    at new <anonymous> (mootools-core.js?15f73140f71da6a3461dad1266a9c362:37)
    at Object.b.getWindow (window.js:3)

Can you point me at the page? As I said on that other thread, I've never been able to replicate this, so I need to log in to a site with the issue so I can debug it.

You can give me a backend login (and any details in need to know) at http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh I've submitted those details. The update_col plugin is active on the list titled 'Annual'. From the homepage, clicking on a button in the column 'Annual' will take you to that list.

BTW the data is test data and will be flushed so if you change it, it's fine.

Seems I was somehow missing the layouts folder entirely. I took the entire 'update_col' folder you referenced from github and extracted it onto my site. It's working now, much appreciated.

Oops, looks like that was my mistake. The layouts folder was missing from the plugin install XML, so if installing the plugin from the downloaded ZIP (rather than discovering it after a github update), the layouts folder wouldn't have been installed.

I've added it and commited the fix to github, so the next build of that ZIP will fix the problem.

Thanks for the report.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back