Updating to 3.0.9 (J2.5) error - copy failed

smsaspen

Receiving message "-1 - An error has occurred. Copy failed " when updating via Joomla Update from 3.0.6.2 to 3.0.9.1. All modules and plugins successfully updated, only downloaded com_fabrik_3.0.9.zip seems to have problem. Update is to a local Joomla 2.5 site copy operating under XAMPP.
Where's the problem? Thx

From 3.0.6 to 3.0.9 is a big gap.
I would suggest to download the 3.0.9 version and install via Extension manager.
Then update via Joomla Update to 3.0.9.1

This is exactly what I did. All but fabrik component installed successfully and visible as 3.0.9 in Extensions/Manage.
Here's the Debug Console Error listing. [All named folders/files exist, version J2.5.14]
Errors
Copy failed
Call stack
#FunctionLocation
1JAdministrator->dispatch()JROOT\administrator\index.php:46
2JComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT\administrator\includes\application.php:153
3JComponentHelper::executeComponent()JROOT\libraries\joomla\application\component\helper.php:351
4require_once()JROOT\libraries\joomla\application\component\helper.php:383
5JController->execute()JROOT\administrator\components\com_installer\installer.php:18
6InstallerControllerInstall->install()JROOT\libraries\joomla\application\component\controller.php:761
7InstallerModelInstall->install()JROOT\administrator\components\com_installer\controllers\install.php:29
8JInstaller->install()JROOT\administrator\components\com_installer\models\install.php:105
9JInstallerPackage->install()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\installer.php:472
10JInstaller->install()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\package.php:182
11JInstallerComponent->install()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\installer.php:472
12JInstallerComponent->update()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php:219
13JInstaller->parseMedia()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php:852
14JInstaller->copyFiles()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\installer.php:1494
15JFolder::copy()JROOT\libraries\joomla\installer\installer.php:1618
16JError::raiseError()JROOT\libraries\joomla\filesystem\folder.php:145
17JError::raise()JROOT\libraries\joomla\error\error.php:251

I think this is a folder permissions error, could you check that you can write to

components/com_fabrik,
administrator/components/com_fabrik
media/com_fabrik
logs
tmp

I'm running this XAMPP on a laptop test bed, prior to updating to 3.0.9 on website. So I'm hoping to see a smooth update process before I update website.
>Did an install again via Joomla Extensions Install and file pkg_fabrik_3.0.9.zip to get more info on problem.
Same result: all plug-ins and modules successfully updated and version=3.0.9 in Joomla Extensions/Manage, but same error as above.
>Did detail comparison of the files in the /tmp directory file labelled Install_52... and the actual files installed by examining their date-time.
> Found that all of the directories you identified above have updated files except media/com_fabrik.
ALL files in the Install file were successful in various directories EXCEPT the following copies/updates were not evident: old versions remained or were not present

FILES
install_52xxx/com_fabrik.manifest.class.php --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/com_fabrik.manifest.class.php

install_52xxx/fabrik.xml --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.xml

install_52xxx/pkg_fabrik_sink.xml --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/pkg_fabrik_sink.xml

FOLDERS
install_52xxx/admin/com_fabrik_skeleton/.. --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/com_fabrik_skeleton/..

install_52xxx/admin/update/.. --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/update/...

install_52xxx/media/com_fabrik/ --> /media/com_fabrik/...

install_52xxx/site/driver/ --> /components/com_fabrik/driver/ ...
install_52xxx/site/jhelpers/2.5/ --> /components/com_fabrik/jhelpers/2.5/ ...
install_52xxx/site/query/ --> /components/com_fabrik/query/ ...

Numerous current files had no counterparts on the Install file and remained from prior version.

Hoping this helps to track down issues, pinpoint statement/file/folder screwing up installation.
THX!

I've been trying to track point at which install fails and perhaps identified issue, but don't know enough of all the processes to be sure. In file com_fabrik_3.0.9.zip, the following lines appear:
<media folder="media">
<folder>com_fabrik/images</folder>
<folder>com_fabrik/css</folder>
<folder>com_fabrik/js</folder>
<file>com_fabrik/index.html</file>
</media>
By changing <media.. and /media> to <files.. and /files> and re-installing via Extensions/Install, the installation of com_fabrik_3.0.9.zip (revised) proceeds smoothly; the files in the /media directory are updated, and the fabrik component shows as version 3.0.9 in Extensions/Manage. Unfortunately, the files in the above other folders in reply #5 are not updated.

Again would appreciate guidance here -- was this tactic that removed the install halt totally naive(and wrong) or does it help identify updating issue??
THX

I just tested on my local xampp server
Install J!2.5.14
install pkg_fabrik_3.0.8.zip via Joomla installer
install pkg_fabrik_3.0.9.zip via Joomla installer

without any problem, all files updated.
Are you sure your folders media... are writable, not protected via a .htaccess etc?

I don't have a .htaccess on my laptop version in root directory or other directories. Its pure local.
Looks like you did a clean install. I'm starting w/ 3.0.6.. I don't have 3.0.8 (also can't find it to download).

There does seem to be an issue in the installing programs with certain existing files/folders in going to 3.0.9 from 3.0.6:
when I renamed the media/com_fabrik folder and re-installed com_fabrik_3.0.9.zip, install was successful, and files were copied to the media/com_fabrik folder.
BUT when I re-ran install again, it failed again -- I had to delete the latest installed /media/com_fabrik folder to enable the install to run successfully.

However, I'm not sure that all the files have been updated because the following folders/files still have not been copied:
FOLDERS
install_52xxx/admin/com_fabrik_skeleton/.. --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/com_fabrik_skeleton/..
install_52xxx/admin/update/.. --> /administrator/components/com_fabrik/update/...
install_52xxx/site/driver/ --> /components/com_fabrik/driver/ ...
install_52xxx/site/jhelpers/2.5/ --> /components/com_fabrik/jhelpers/2.5/ ...
install_52xxx/site/query/ --> /components/com_fabrik/query/ ...

I tried the same tactic of renaming the older versions of these folders/files, but still no success in copying.
So I'm still not comfortable in updating the working online website to 3.0.9 - clearly there is some different treatment of these folders/files than every other component or module or plug-in folder since they have updated successfully.

Your help would be much appreciated in reviewing the install code to see if in fact the folders are treated differently so they are not either overwritten or created in the expected flow from an older version.
THX

I don't have a 3.0.6 site to test updating from, but I've done several 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 updates with no problem.

My best suggestion would be to use something like Akeeba to clone your live site to a sandbox, and run an update on that. If you aren't positive everything uploaded, grab the ZIP master from github:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/master.zip

... unzip it locally and ftp everything up to the sandbox. Then test, and see if it all still works.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back