Updating User Profile Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

degarrin

Hello. We have a fabrik custom registration form we have been using for a while now. It has its own table and is hooked into the joomla users table via the Joomla User Form Plugin. It works well, we love it, no problems with the registration form itself.

However, now I am at the point where I want my users to be able to edit their user profiles. I went through different options, including creating a Joomla User Profile Plugin, but ultimately decided to just create another Fabrik form that uses the same table as the registration form and just unpublished the elements that I did not need them to edit (i.e. terms of service, etc). Then I created a menu item on the front end for the users. The problem is that I cannot get the form to populate the user's information automatically.

I have a lot of forms where this works, and I know that the row id has to be set to -1 and the key name has to be set to the form's user id element. The thing is, this particular form is unique because it doesn't have a user id element like most do since it works off my registration table. I'm a bit embarrassed to say it took me a while to realize that was why my form wasn't working the way I wanted :oops: .

The information does populate if I leave it in the list view, but I'm not crazy about doing that for this particular form. I thought about trying autofill, but my understanding is that autofill is not recommended for this type of editing/dynamic use. I know there are many posts in the forum about User Profiles, and I read through a lot of them, but nothing seemed to fit for me. Does anyone have any suggestions on another way to accomplish what I am trying to do? I am open to suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If it's the same form you use for registration using the juser plugin, just create a userid element on it, and point the juser plugin settings at it for the "User ID Element" (or whatever we call it, should be obvious), so the juser plugin will write the new userid to it.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back