Uploaded images

Canuck

My uploaded images, which are images of text documents in jpg format, are not clear.

When I upload an image, and compare it to the exact same image on my computer screen, the uploaded image is larger, meaning its resolution has been reduced. Because of this the text is not clear.

These are scanned images, so the text is already not as sharp as desired, but when the resolution is reduced after upload, it is much less sharp.

Is there a way to adjust the resolution, or at least keep it the same as the uploaded image?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I've tried many things, including the dimensions on the fileupload element. I've attached a comparison of three images - from bottom to top:

1. Scanned page I printed from a Word document. All my images will be scanned text documents, so this is what I will be working with.

2. Dropped the same scanned image into a Joomla article, opened the article in the front end, and this is what it looks like.

3. Uploaded same scanned image to a Fabrik list, clicked on the thumbnail to get to full image, and this is what I got.

Both of the uploaded images for some reason are converted to a lower resolution resulting in a bigger image dimension.

The Fabrik image seems blurred and difficult to read. Is there any way to make it look more like the Joomla article image?

Attachments

• Compare upload images copy.jpg
    Compare upload images copy.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 218
Since I am working on my own computer, I can easily copy and paste the Joomla article version into the Fabrik upload location - the images both have the same name - and when I again view it by clicking on the list thumbnail, the image is still blurred.

It has something to do with the way it is presented by the Fabrik viewer. What settings can I have made wrong for this to happen? I assume it is the same viewer as is used on the forum - for viewing my attachment above - and it works well there.

Hi Rob, thanks for taking an interest.

I've attached what you asked for.

Although the dimensional settings aren't the cause - I've uploaded all dimensions of images and set the Max Width and Max Height to many settings including blank, all produce the same results - those dimensional settings don't seem to make a difference anyway - the image appears in the full dimensions in most cases.

I'd be very glad of any suggestions.

Attachments

• Scan as per upload material.jpg
    Scan as per upload material.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 202
  • Same image as screen shot after uploading to site.jpg
    Same image as screen shot after uploading to site.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot of fileupload settings.jpg
    Screenshot of fileupload settings.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 176
We are in need of some funding.