Uploads always stuck 1/4 way on FileUpload Element.

aijosh

Hello,

I've been struggling with this for a while now and I have to come here to ask for help cos I cant find a solution for it and the website is already live with people unable to upload their files.

I am using the AJAX upload on the fileupload element.

All small files upload (from my test so far, the largest file I could upload was around 100mb) but all large files do not get uploaded.

The files to be uploaded to this element would be around 600mb to 1GB.

I am guessing it is an issue with the programming of the element not being able to handle large files.

How do I resolve this? Its a bone in my neck.

PS: I am using Amazon S3 SDK as the storage location.

Thanks

Last edited:
Check your php and server limits.

What is your "Maximum File Size (Kb)" setting and what is it showing as server max

PS: I'm also guessing it might be the a slow internet upload speed or the uploads getting interrupted.

But the failure rate is 100%. Nobody has been able to successfully upload any large file. Including me.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-06-06 121738 v.png
    Annotation 2020-06-06 121738 v.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Annotation 2020-06-06 121815 b.png
    Annotation 2020-06-06 121815 b.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 112
Yes. I am too facing same issue to upload larger size. As per my testing, any file larger than 80MB fails to upload to AWS S3.

AWS recommends to use Multipart Upload to upload large file. I tried many options including increasing php times and adding AWS file permissions /CORS but no use.

I do not see this Multipart Upload Option in FileUpload element plugin. I might be wrong, but I remember to have such option in Fabrik 2 years back, but it looks it got disappeared during upgrades.

Last edited:
I can't see any removed option.
There's a "Chunk size" option (Ajax tab) (but no idea what it is for).

There's a "Chunk size" option (Ajax tab) (but no idea what it is for).

This should be it.. I guess https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/s3-upload-large-files/

Yes. I am too facing same issue to upload larger size. As per my testing, any file larger than 80MB fails to upload to AWS S3.

I can upload more than 100mb. When I was able to establish that for a fact, I decided to set the chunk size to 100mb (I also dont know what the chunk size is cos there is no explanation in Fabrik's documentation)

After setting chunk size to 100mb I was able to get past 20% and was getting towards 85% before the upload fails.

So I reduced to chunk size to 50mb and was able to get to 100% . (I also increases max_execution_time to 3600)

I'll suggest you use between 5mb and 15mb for your chunk size.
Note: A multipart upload requires that a single file is uploaded in not more than 10,000 distinct parts. You must be sure that the chunksize that you set balances the part file size and the number of parts.

I'll suggest you use between 5mb and 15mb for your chunk size.

You might want to hold off on this as the completed file fails validation for acceptable file extensions.

I've tried adding zip to the list but that also fails.

This should be a fix that the Fabrik team has to handle.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work

Sadly/painfully no.

And it seems the thread was abandoned so I had to abandon that part of the project. I currently now have to manually create an AWS account every single time a new member registers on the website and send them their login details and instructions on how to upload their files to AWS.

It really doesn't make sense.

As this is also a bug, I'm wondering why it has not been attended to by the Fabrik team. If this is not fixed there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can use fabrik to upload large files.

I've even tried messing with the code of the upload element but I guess its beyond my coding skill.

Maybe I should create a new post. Maybe they'll see it.
Still hoping they fix this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back