Using div layout : filter not triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I'm using div layout to produce a very nice "catalogue" layout of my rows. I've added filters (above with wubmit button). The button appears but it does not trigger any action. Using firebug shows an error :

g.getParent(...) is null

Seems to be in list-min.js

It can be watched using the "BASULM test drive" first row of "my-sites". No login. Menu : Bases >> Mini fiches

I've a custom div template running without problems (at least the filter part;)).
Did you change the "structure" in default_filters.php?

I had this same issue when I customized the div template, thought I broke something but now I know it wasn't me. I am wandering why you guys don't allow us to disable jquery and certain other scripts from being included. I say this because we have all moved mostly to bootstrap which requires it at the bottom of the page, which could cause conflicts. Let the end user deal with scripts like jquery. I am sure alot of issue are javascript conflicts. I know some of mine are.

g.getParent(...) is null

Seems to be in list-min.js
Should be fixed now.

FYI When you see errors in something-min.js line 1, the first thing to do is to turn on fabrik's debug = js only, option and to reload the page, this loads the non-compressed version of the js file, which gives the actual line number and uncompressed code that is causing the error.

I am wandering why you guys don't allow us to disable jquery and certain other scripts from being included
As that would potentially break modules, plugins that require jquery.
Im pretty sure that none of our code has conflict issues with jquery as long as jquery is loaded in no-conflict mode.
I would suggest not loading it in a template, but using a Joomla system plugin to load up jquery - its a lot more robust than trying to load it in yourself.
Boostrap js is not required to be loaded at the bottom of the page afaik - its just what they recommend. If you look at a Joomla 3 site using protostar - you'll see the js loading inside the <head> tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back