Using next/previous navigation cancels sorting in a list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I could have sworn I replicated this on my test server last week, but it's working for me now.

Is that example of yours a menu link, or a content plugin?

-- hugh

Weird. I know I saw a similar issue last week, but that was specifically to do with a list in a module position, in AJAX mode.

I'll keep seeing if I can replicate the problem here. Very hard to debug it on your site, as it's tied up with session data on the server side.

-- hugh

Weird, I just can't replicate this at all here.

http://screencast.com/t/BcjleV1XuYC

Can you try switching to the default template, see if that makes any difference?

And are you using the standard builtin J! SEF, or a 3rd party extension? Either way, try disabling SEF for a quick test, see if that makes any difference.

-- hugh

Can you try switching to the default template, see if that makes any difference?

And are you using the standard builtin J! SEF, or a 3rd party extension? Either way, try disabling SEF for a quick test, see if that makes any difference.

I switched over this list ( http://www.mypoolstats.com/tourney-results ) to the default template, however the issue remains.

I am using the built-in J! SEF. The issue remains if it is disabled.

I just noticed something. These lists have an order-by set in the list settings. It seems that the list is reverting to the default order-by for the page instead of using the user selected one.

I still can't replicate this with any combination of list or element settings for ordering.

I'm going to have to put some debug code on your site. Can you fill out your My Sites with enough info (remembering I'll need either an ftp account, or exTplorer installed, so I can modify files), and tell me a good time I can work on the site, bearing in mind your lists will start spewing out lots of debug info while I work on the code.

-- hugh

OK, all set. Login info is in My Sites and exTplorer is installed. Feel free to work on it any time.

Thanks Hugh

I migrated to J3/F3.1 over the weekend. The issue is also present in this branch. My site is still available for debugging. Also, feel free to move this thread to the F3.1 section if you wish.

Hi - I think you have single ordering on in either the list or the global settings?
If so then I could replicate the issue here and it should be fixed in github

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back