Using User_ID and fields with queries, update, insert, etc...

tmullins

I am new to Fabrik and have watched as many videos that I can find on youtube and I am having just a few issues. I also searched google and this forum to these answers so I hope that I'm not asking something that is redundant.

I installed all of the user related plugins. I have 2 databases, one which has my applicant tracking data, the usual data about each applicant. The other database is my joomla database.

I would to be able to assign my recruiters to various applicants by using the user id - I have tried this by having a recruiter_number field in my database and putting the number that corresponds to the user number who is the current database. I do not know how to go about doing this, updating the database with the user id # when assigning them pragmatically or to gather the fields when the user id and the recruiter_number match so I can work with that data, ie: first_name, last_name, address, city, state, zip --- etc match on that record with the user who is currently online.

I have some experience with MySQL and PHP but it has been awhile since I've done any coding...
I'm really not sure how the syntax works with field names and queries inside of Fabrik...
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to track users, your application data tables need to be on the same database connection as J!, as we don't support cross-database joins.

Then you can just set up a 'user' element on a form, and it'll automatically be set to the logged on user ID of the person who creates the form. And/or you can have a user element which tracks who edits the form.

-- hugh

If you want to track users, your application data tables need to be on the same database connection as J!, as we don't support cross-database joins.

Then you can just set up a 'user' element on a form, and it'll automatically be set to the logged on user ID of the person who creates the form. And/or you can have a user element which tracks who edits the form.

-- hugh

Thank you very much - I've been able to set up the user element so far, however, it alludes me how to have the system automatically show only those records which belong to this user... Once I get that figured out, I'll be way further along with this awesome product and my project as well :) Fortunately, I have only uploaded some 'dummy' data to work with so far, so now … If I am understanding you correctly, I will have to put everything into the same database that I wish to track...

Thank you for the video - I was hoping that it would be this easy !! -- Wow !!! I can't thank everyone enough... I can't wait to see this in action...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back