Validation Error Tooltip Display Time With Multiple Errors

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
I have an element (fileupload) that has multiple validations. When more than one validation fails the tooltip for the error disappears within a second of hovering. With only one error the tooltip remains until the mouse moves off of the icon.

The 2 validation failures in my case are size and fileexists. When both fail the tooltip won't stay displayed long enough for the user to read what the error is.

Any help for this?

Can you point us at the page? I have a sneaky feeling this is one of the limitations of the tip code, in that if the tip content is too large the tip moves over the trigger element, firing a mouse out event on the trigger element, thus hiding the tip. I'd need to see the page though to be sure.

Rob, I have sent you a conversation with a link to the page.

Is this the only way to PM on this system?

It's better if you fill out your My Sites (look to the left of any of your posts), then both Rob and I can see your details on any of your posts, rather than one of us having to dig through PM's, and the other not being able to see it.

-- hugh

As you've set it so the file won't upload, I can only generate one error (the file size), as I can't then re-upload the same file to get a 'file exists' error as well.

-- hugh

I think the only way I could get both is either a) you give me a file name for an existing file, or b) set a small upload size like 50kb. I can then upload a small file, less than 50k, then try uploading a larger file >50k with the same name.

It'll have to be about 50k, as my smallest PDF test file is about 35k. :)

-- hugh

You don't actually need a pdf, in fact use something else like a zip file. When you click on Submit it will come back and give you both a size error and a filetype not allowed error(if you can get the popup to stay long enough to read both errors).

A quick fix I think would be to go to your global Fabrik settings and under the javascript tab, increase the value for the 'Fx distance' option

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back