Various problems with Calendar Visualization

p38

Hi,

I have various problems with calendar viz, so I thought I'd list them here.....

I am using the plugin so I can show in module {fabrik view=visualization id=1}

The list does not use Ajaxify (tried both options, Ajx is even worse)

1) Setting the "Read Only" property still lets me edit/delete the record with the floating menu
2) How can I show resoltion smaller than 1 hour in each cell, eg: 13h00, 13h30, 14h00 etc etc
3) How can I show more than 1 field in the calendar?
4) How do I disable the filter that is shown at the top of the calendar? It looks like this is derived from the "Group By" setup in the list
5) Edit of an event - The save button in the popup does not work, or is extremely erratic, esp if you move the popup window.
6) The datetime picker icons (date and time selector) does not work in the form.
7) edit of event - the Cancel button in the pop does not close the form, and sometimes it causes the site to revert to homepage.
8) The popup edit form is not wide enough to show datetime fields with Time selected to display as well
9) The popup form does not display at the position the event was requested to edit
10) How does one display more than 1 event in the same timeslot of a week and day view

More than enough for now, I would appreciated a speedy response.

Paul

The list does not use Ajaxify (tried both options, Ajx is even worse)
If you are on the calendar view - which list view are you referring to?

Setting the "Read Only" property still lets me edit/delete the record with the floating menu
Which read only property? The edit delete acl is controlled by the lists access settings for edit/delete records.
How can I show resoltion smaller than 1 hour in each cell, eg: 13h00, 13h30, 14h00 etc etc
That's not possible, the smallest time frame the calendar deals with is whole hours.
How can I show more than 1 field in the calendar?
You could create a calculation element to build your event label from mutliple fields

How do I disable the filter that is shown at the top of the calendar? It looks like this is derived from the "Group By" setup in the list
This would be the lists filters that are shown, you can turn those off by editing the calendar, and under the 'visualization settings' section set 'show filters' = no.

Edit of an event - The save button in the popup does not work, or is extremely erratic, esp if you move the popup window.
6) The datetime picker icons (date and time selector) does not work in the form.
The popup edit form is not wide enough to show datetime fields with Time selected to display as well
The popup form does not display at the position the event was requested to edit
I fixed one thing that might effect the saving of the form this morning, I'd need to see the url in question to comment further though, its not something I see on my test site.
hmm that sounds pretty odd - could you point us at the page?

edit of event - the Cancel button in the pop does not close the form, and sometimes it causes the site to revert to homepage.
What button are you using as a cancel button? Is it the forms 'go back button'?

How does one display more than 1 event in the same timeslot of a week and day view
Not sure that's possible currently, I'll raise a ticket on looking at implementing that

If you are on the calendar view - which list view are you referring to?

The underlying list that is selected to display the data

Which read only property? The edit delete acl is controlled by the lists access settings for edit/delete records.

So even if you set the readonly property of the Calendar, the list settings overrides this? Surely it should be the other way around? I see the readonly property only disables the ADDING of events, but does not disable the EDIT/DELETE of the underlying list. To me this defeats the object of the Readonly property

That's not possible, the smallest time frame the calendar deals with is whole hours.
You could create a calculation element to build your event label from mutliple fields

Ok, thanks your idea is a workaround, but would be nice to have a better hourly resolution, otherwise no real point of a daily calendar.

I fixed one thing that might effect the saving of the form this morning, I'd need to see the url in question to comment further though, its not something I see on my test site.
hmm that sounds pretty odd - could you point us at the page?

What button are you using as a cancel button? Is it the forms 'go back button'?

http://golfscore.co.za/index.php/my-menu/setup/teeoff-times

I use the "Go Back" button as my cancel button. The save button also does not work.

Paul

urgh therre are too many questions here, a lot of them I think I don't even understand what you are seeing/asking as it doesn't seem to correlate with how the calender works - its going to get very confusing trying to answer them all in one post, would you mind splitting them up on a per thread basis?

Remember that liberal use of screenshots and Jing screencasts can really help. As you have noted on other threads, time can be wasted on the forum, going backwards and forwards describing / understanding issues. A lot of times, that can be avoided by recording a Jing screencast of the issue. Jing is free, and comes with 2GB of free cloud storage.

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. And a moving picture, at least an order of magnitude more than that. :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back