Various problems

Ribeiro

Hi,
i've been using fabrik for awhile but i'm experiencing some problems in this "new" version. I'm using joomla version 1.7 and Fabrik 3.0 with safari/chrome on Mac OS X 10.7. I did some research and found nothing so i'm posting it here ..
First, i cannot see the "edit" button on the list records. The only two options available are "delete" and "empty". I have my permissions set to
Screen%20Shot%202011-08-08%20at%209.07.49%20PM.png
and the options "Detailed view link" (on my list settings) and my element's "Link to details" set to "no".
My next problem is that i cannot use the "add" button on the frontend (i'm logged as superuser) but i can delete a record. My browser (Chrome) gives me an error saying it got a lot of redirects. On the other hand, on the backend i cannot delete a single record, only if i use the "empty" button. It says that deleted went ok but the record stills there. Kind of weird ..
Still on the same list, my "date" element is a bit messed up. When i add a new record, it identifies the date correctly with the format i specified
Screen%20Shot%202011-08-08%20at%208.59.32%20PM.png
but it adds it as "January 1970" regardless the time i set.
Last but not least, i don't know if it is a problem or only the way it is .. I have a "fieldupload" set to a certain location and if i try to add a new record with the same file it gives me error 505 and nothing happens.

Sorry for the long text and my bad spelling (i'm from Portugal).
Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance .

EDIT: I created a new data element and i have a different problem. It no longer sets the date to January 1970 but if i set the date to, lest say August 2011, the date it adds is Jully 2011. Always the mont before.

Hello I am just another fabrik 3 user, so I will give you some hits.

1. Check for the latest SVN. Yesterday it was 5562

2. Check your functions with Mozilla browser. Fabrik 3.0 is in alpha stage and it is for testing purposes, so I found that it works for the most part with Firefox. With chrome I have some bugs with Core Joomla 1.7.

3. If your tables is wider, maybe it can't show it on screen. Change some element to link to details view and test for editing. For me, it works both ways - edit button on the right site of the table and field link to details view.

4. This issue with date maybe is corrected in SVN, because I test with your example and it works for me.

5. Fileupload - Go to element and find this option - If existing image found? and turn it on whatever works for you. Maybe you can write it in Allowed File Types field. example - .doc,.xls,.xlsx and etc.. It works for me.

First, i cannot see the "edit" button on the list records.
This part of the interface isn't as clear as I would like it to be yet (I made exactly the same conclusion as you the other day when building a list)
What that 'edit' dropdown action does, is simply control the user group which is allowed to access the edit button, it doesn't in itself add the button to the page.
What you have to do is either set one of you elements to 'link to details' or go to the list's 'links' section and turn on the 'Show edit link' option.

cannot use the "add" button on the frontend (i'm logged as superuser) but i can delete a record. My browser (Chrome) gives me an error saying it got a lot of redirects.
I just tested in chrome and could add a record in the front end. What sef settings are you using? are you using the latest svn
on the backend i cannot delete a single record
I've just this minute committed some fixes for the css rendering in chrome related to the list buttons in the admin template, updating from the svn may well resolve the issue you are having here

I don't think we support the %B modifier which is an hour value from 000 to 999 ('m not even sure what that is for!) in the date element to be honest. Is that really the format setting you wanted to use?

First off all i'ld like to thank you both for the quick response.
I've updated fabrik to the latest SVN and now i can see the edit button and edit my records. I also see an updated layout on the "view data". It is very good looking now.
The remove button still not working. I select a record, delete and nothing happens. The "select all" checkbox and "empty" also makes no action. Though is there a way to not show the "DISPLAY NUM" ? What about adding text before/after the list, is it possible?

About the date format, you're right. My mistake, the correct format would be %M. I've used another site as reference instead of the recommended by you.

My SEF settings are the defaults, i never changed them (as shown in the next picture). Should i?
Screen%20Shot%202011-08-10%20at%203.21.45%20PM.png

Just another question, when i add a list and link to another table the previous ones (even the ones referred to deleted lists) still there. Is there any way to delete them?

Thanks for the support.

The problems resolved themselves somehow. I have two more questions though..
With the default theme , my frontend list looks like this :
Screen%20Shot%202011-08-12%20at%204.58.15%20PM.png

Is that a bug or some option i've missed? I'd like to "remove" that bar..
Is the content plugin supposed to work with this version of fabrik ?
Thanks,
Diogo Ribeiro

hi

That should get hidden when the list loads (it allows you to select which element you would like to group your data by )

Can I confirm you are now updating from github and not the svn? Here's the annoucement regarding the move:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22086

then what browser are you using and what javascript error do you get (I'm guessing a Javascript error is causing this)

-Rob

Yes, i'm using github . I've updated to the today release and the layout is working as it should.
About the content plugin, i cannot use it regardless the combination. I'm using the following "code" : {fabrik view=table id=6} . Yes, i do have a list with that id. Is this a problem with the transaction from tables to lists or am i missing something?

Thanks,
Diogo Ribeiro

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back