visualization google map bubbles

zorzis

as i had described to Hugh on Skype, is any way to have an option to do not show in bubbles All data but only what you want to show.
In my situation every pin in the map has a lot of records in it as it refers in Locations where sea biologists go and do their surveys.
So each location, obviusly has a lot of records.maybe millions.
So there is no meaning to show all of these records in the bubble but only some data i'll choose let's say " Total surveys" have done in that location.
Or "Total Surveyers" have done observations in that location.
Or "how many times surveys has been done" in that location.

Not all that data that in my situation is a way, useless in my project view.
Is any way to do that?

Was this the discussion we had about using a MySQL view?

I'm confused trying to understand what you are asking.

-- hugh

yes but mysql view is done now. i ask a way that the bubbles don't show all the records corresponding in the table google map element.
only the message i want with some placeholders maybe. because as it is now i can't do that because when trying to make a bubble to show whatever you want it shows the message X records that have the same googlemap element coords.
is this a bit more clear?

As discussed in your other thread:
a viz is visualizing ALL records of the underlying list.

If you want to visualize only one record of identical googlemap locations create a MySQL view, something like
SELECT id, count(googlemap) count FROM your_table group by googlemap

Create a fabrik list pointing to this view, use this list in the viz with bubble template e.g.
{count} surveys have been done <a href="link-to-original-list-filtered-by-googlemap-element">here</a>

Troester - that's what I'm pretty sure I showed him how to build a view for in our last Skype conversation.

So I'm still confused.

Zorzis - catch me on Skype, lets' get in to your site and take a look. I should be around this evening / tonight, and for much of the weekend.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back