what happend!

rtorres

i wanted to show a list after the data in one group (group 1) using this command on the Outro of the group 1...
{fabrik view=list id=20}

so far so good the list was shown, so i wanted the data to be filtered by the parent record, so i added another field with the value from the parent record...

then nothing was shown 0 records,.... i didnt know what happend then i changed the group?s form to the one i was using... (i tought that could help) but nothing...

but what a didnt notice was that by changing the group?s form IT created another group (2) linked to the form I selected then i had two groups asigned to diferents forms...

still the data that i wanted to show wasnt shown.....

then i go to check the elements of the group... and every single field was duplicated... and the list that i wanted to show still wasnt working...

so i delete the group that fabrik created when i changed the groups form... but that made fabrikar unable to show the first group i mean the error wasnt a 500 error the error i got was from the hosting telling me that i had a terrible php error that not even joomla was able to catch...

so i recover the group that I unpublish group (2)... and the site worked again.. but checking other tables... something else happend...

some elements where replaced with other.. i mean i had a calc field that became a gauge field... i didnt had that

so what in the hell happend?

What i DO KNOW i can create a new list pointing to the list that i wanted to show, then on the group that i want to show this list i add {fabrik view=list id=20}, but if I add the extra field to filter the data, then the error is generated.... and then that single list is no longer able to show the data it contains.. i dont know what it is....

WHAT I DO NOT know is why it duplicated the elements, and the mess of changing something inside fabrikar that that makes me unable to delete groups.. or single elements because it willl create the 500 error that joomla is unable to catch...

Im about to start over because im afraid to drag somenthing ... bad to the application that im working but i dont want to repeat this error.. so, WHAT i did WRONG???

can anyone advice me??

i changed the group?s form to the one i was using.
I think this is the problem.
Moving a group from one form to an other = moving elements form one form (and list) to another.
What did you expect, want to do?

I don't know exactly what Fabrik is doing in this case (move, copy elements, creating the missing element columns on the new DB table...), it may depend on which type of group (repeatable, joined...).
In any case you can mix up your setup totally.

Is this a live site or test site?
Do you have a backup?
If yes, I think the best way is to reset your site.

i just saw why i cant delete the duplicated group it has the same group ID (group number 25)

Attachments

• 229 May. 29 10.22.jpg
    229 May. 29 10.22.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 126
Yup, this looks like the #_fabrik_formgroup table got mixed up.

As I said: if you have a recent backup - reset.

If not:
backup (at least your database), additionally create a backup copy of #_fabrik_formgroup

then you can try to edit #_fabrik_formgroup
search for form_id = your old form (which group_ids are assigned)
search for form_id = your new form (which group_ids are assigned)
delete the wrong records

When you move a group between forms, if the form you are moving it to is on a list which is based on a different underlying table, we attempt to move all the fields from one table to the other, we don't copy them. So they get dropped out of one table, and recreated on the other.

I'd agree with troester, your best bet is to revert to your last backup, if you don't have a recent backup, then remove the "wrong" row from the fabrik_formgroup tabe by hand (in phpMyAdmin). However, this may not resolve the problem, if the forms were on different tables, as we may have moved the underlying fields to the "other" table.

-- hugh

Im going to start over.. im backing up the sql tables...

but this time i want to download the updated version of fabrikar... i know that this version is updated and saved in github, ?Can i download the current version from github and install it inside joomla? or is a copy paste inside the joomla folder?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back