What is the recommended method for this?

gaspara

Hi!

I'm stuck at finding out how should i do what i want. I've got a few ideas but not sure if they are supposed to achieve this. Please give some advice how to do it.

I've created a form (packages) for recording packs of products. A product pack consists of a title and a repeating group for the products. It can contain any number of products, but typically 2-10. A product has got name, price fields.

What i want is if a salesman (user in the salers usergroup) records a pack. Example:

This pack:
Product_1, 100 EUR
Product_2, 50 EUR

Then users from the buyers group can see it in a list. They can choose the desired product package and they are able to set quantities per product and order it. Which submits the data in the orders table. I've got two ideas how to achieve this:

Use the same list/form, but the elements got different access levels. Both group can edit the form. Salers can add products, buyers can edit quantity field. Here my problem is when a buyer is submitting the form it should store the data to another (orders) table but not the original (packages) one. And the number of products always differ. Submission plugin can manage it?

OR

If a buyer choose a package from the packages list, it opens another form (orders) with the corresponding package name and products + quantity field for the products. I guess this one is the nicer solution but i've got no idea how to do it.

Any help, advice appreciated.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back