what's happen with access to element??

Vadim

Today made a githup and was shocked: there is no more possibility in elements to define access of users' groups to edit particular element!!(( My site was based on this possibility to provide general access for editing in a list and to make important exceptions in elements. This unexpected "improvement" will make a chaos at my site: users received access to edit fields, which they should not have.
Please, restore this possibility ASAP!

I'd like to show at example, hope it helps to understand what I mean.
At first pic you see properties of the list 28, where only Super user has access to edit records. At second pic you can see standard properties of access in element (others has mostly the same). At third pic you see that user "testing" connected to user group "person + 3rd party site verification", which has same rights as "person", and IS NOT Super User. At next pic you see a list 28 at front end after login as testing, and after clicking on this existing record, you can see finall the last pic a form, where editing of fields is activated for "testing", which is a bug.
So, my assumption - go back at pic 2 with properties of element. So it looks like field "Form view" of tab "Access": 1) provide access not just to add record but also to edit record; 2) has higher priority, than property of a list, which allow editing for Super User only. And this is a problem. Can you correct it? I mean to cut access for editing in "Form view" of element's properties (or divide by 2 different field to add and to edit) Or do smth else, which can restore possibility to divide adding and editing between different users' groups, which is now deleted in fact? Thank you

Attachments

• edit1.png
    edit1.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 327
  • edit2.png
    edit2.png
    22 KB · Views: 317
  • edit3.png
    edit3.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 340
  • edit4.png
    edit4.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 305
  • edit5.png
    edit5.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 323
As per our skype I believe this is fixed. Vadim is updating the site to test

Report:
I did all steps of githup from http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/ till Update, but there is no Fabrik there to update. So, it looks like I already has the last version since I did it at the weekend, and it cannot find smth new to update.

I?ve checked for possible changes, and:
1) user from group "person + 3rd party site verification" has no more access to Super User rights, which I described in my example, and it is good.
2) there is still not field to provide access to edit element, as I show in previous screen shots.
and there are 2 new problems:
3) ? bug with tabs (layout ? template for details view) ? no tabs and we discussed similar prob before,
4) very very long code instead of letters, smth like this u0420u0430u0437u0440u0435u0448u0430u044e
but much bigger

Possibly we it is easy to continue on skype, please, let me know when

2) there is still not field to provide access to edit element, as I show in previous screen shots.
Its been renamed to 'Form access'

I'catch you on skype for issues 3&4

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back