when edit, form is not recording in correct primary key

felepeg

Hi to all

i've a problem trying to edit a record, i've a unique list, with a unique form with a lot of elements.
the primary idea is that the primary key (dbjoin) calls autofill pluggin to populate the form and edit the record. To here all is well. but when i submit the form, and i check the record, apears empty, showing only the primary key on it.
After a few days i realized that the form is editing the last record and not the one that i?m trying to edit.

The primary key should be integer, autoincrement (usually the fabrik created id element, hidden in the form).
Not sure about your setup and what you want to achieve.

thanks for your reply troester. i'm sick trying to get this form works.
1st: my primary key is not the "id" element, is another element (n_uvea) which is INT, autoincrement and is not hidden because is on the form and is a dbjoin which calls the autofill puggin to populate the form.
the principal idea is that some users be capable of edit a record already written in the database.
if you re not sure what i'm talking about. i can give you access to my web so you can give me an opinion.

You can't have the primary key being a dbjoin element where the user selects a value, this way modifying the primary key of the record he is editing at this moment???.
some users be capable of edit a record already written in the database
Why not let them edit the record directly?

mmm... that's new for me.
i've to start from the begining.
i have to create a form for a physicians who need to create a database of patients with personal information and diagnosis. the problem is that the principal number is given by them and is n_uvea (patient record number in the hospital) and can't be repetible or alterable, or new . the principal idea is that, in the form, they type the patient record number (n_uvea) and if this exist, populate the form with data already stored and edit that record, if not exist, create a new record with new data.
my idea was create a form with a primary key (n_uvea) dbjoin with all the available numbers, when the physician write the patient number, appears the record, and this calls to autofill puggin to populate the form and edit the record.

if you give an advise, would be great for me! thanks and sorry for my basic english!

Create a new list, set show filters=yes

add all your elements (including n_uvea), don't touch id.
n_uvea element:
in "List view settings"/"Filters" select a filter type (e.g. download or autocomplete)
maybe add a validation "is unique"
create a menu item fabrik list

Now your physician can display the list, search (=filter) on n_uvea, edit the existing record or add a new one.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back