z order

coullet

Hi,

How can i set element z order.
I have a databasejoin element on the bottom of a group, witch dropdown under the form buttons (see screenshot)

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2016-01-24 20.25.15.png
    Capture d'écran 2016-01-24 20.25.15.png
    237 KB · Views: 133
Hmmm, is that using the "advanced" dropdown (chosen.js)?

Looks like it may need some CSS tweaking to extend the height, rather than fiddle with the z-index. I suspect the default CSS only expects it to be the normal dropdown input size. You can do it with a custom CSS, meanwhile I'll see if I can figure a way to extend the height if it's an 'advanced' dropdown.

-- hugh

Oh, I misinterpreted that image. Yes, it does appear to be a z-index issue. Although the chzn-container should already have a z-index of 1010 by default ...

http://screencast.com/t/3EP5GJiJZ

So if your template has that footer with a higher z-index, I guess you'll need to override the chzn drop in a custom CSS (see wiki), with ...

Code:
.chzn-container .chzn-drop {
   z-index: 9999!important;
}

... or whatever you need to surface it.

-- hugh

TL/DR for custom CSS is copy the custom_css_example.php in the ./components/com_fabrik/views/tmpl/bootstrap folder to custom_css.php, and insert that ^^ code in it.

-- hugh

Yes, that's my first idea..
I tried to put that but that doesn't work,
However I see the custom line in firebug...

The dropdown it there.
But you have set
.tab-content {overflow: scroll;}
in your templates custom css so you get the scrollbar at the right (instead of the dropdown overlaying the form actions).

Arrrg...yes, now it work!
I put that for horizontal scroll of repeatgroup (tab "contacts projection")
I don't find which class can do that?

In the Fabrik form template (bootstrap_tabs) try custom css
#group-tab18_$rowid_6.tab-pane.active {
overflow: auto;
}

Don't work...
I replaced $rowid by a row value and it's ok, but of course, only for this row...
BTW, possible to have more universal css for all repeat group?

Try putting {} around {$rowid}, I think it may be interpreting _6 as part of the variable name.

And yes, it is possible to have more universal CSS, but we're kinda getting into Pro support territory here. I'm not trying to be an ass, but we have to draw the line somewhere between Standard and Pro, and for me one of those lines is once I'm digging around in dev tools building custom CSS selectors. Not a level of support I can provide for $20 a month and still put food in the dog bowls.

-- hugh

No worrys, i understand, even if i don't have dog ;)

Sometimes difficult to know if our demand is trivial or not, so be free to fix your line.
I was thinking there is a css class for repeat group, and not needed a custom selector.
Anyway, work great with {}

Thanks!

I don't seem to be able to find that page again on your site. The default class for a repeat group is fabrikSubGroup.

I have two dogs, three cats and a wife.

I didn't mean to sound snappy, hope I didn't. My problem is I tend to do a lot more work than I should for people on Standard support, with the result that very few people go Pro. And it's hard to pay the bills providing "all you can eat" support for 20 euros a month. So I occasionally go through phases of guilting people into paying a little more. :)

-- hugh

Didn't sound snappy for me!
I understand, and each time I need help, I'm surprised by your availability!
I thought several time upgrade to pro, but it's a big step. I will have a new look on that.

It seems i need to choose between enhanced dropbox and overflow:scroll: if i set the dropbox parent to scroll, dropdown will be truncated.
But i think there is a way to find with display of enhanced dropdown:
even when dropdown is lower than the bottom page, it is truncated. Normal dropdown works correctly.
(you can look at: menu "projections", edit a row, tab "partenaires" )

Tanks for all!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back