zero size download file from amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellsapfel

Hi,

when downloading a file stored with amazon and setting private is on (file storage works, amazon without private too) the download script loads an empty file with 0kb.

any ideas?

attached is a screenshot

thanks
Ben

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 311
I took a look but I don't see in the s3 lib we use where I'd be able to fix this.
I'll ask Hugh if he has any ideas....

I'm testing this atm.

I'm assuming you aren't having a timeout issue, where the private link is set to "live" for 60 minutes, and you are trying to use the link more than 60 minutes after the List page loads?

-- hugh

BTW, the reason I asked about a timeout issue is, you have your "S3 Auth URL" set to 60, and I'm 99% sure that value is seconds. So any links you generate to private files will only be good for 60 seconds after loading the page with the link on it.

Just to be clear - the way those private links work is, when the link is generated during page load, we request a one-off "password" from Amazon, which is good for XX seconds from the time we request it. So set to 60, you'll only have 60 seconds from page load, till the link won't work any more.

However, having said that, I think there's a bug in how we handle those private S3 links when using the download script option, so they aren't working anyway.

Working on it.

-- hugh

-- hugh

OK, should be fixed in SVN.

BTW, and just FYI, when using the download script option, those "timed" auth links I described above are irrelevant. The auth URL links for private files are only needed if you don't use the download script option, and instead provide a direct download link in the list/form ... because then the request to S3 goes direct from the browser, which doesn't have your main S3 auth key.

If you use the download script option, the file is actually being read by Fabrik, from the server, and being passed back to the browser with Fabrik as the "piggy in the middle", and of course we have your S3 auth key, so we don't need the "auth URL".

So you can unset that Auth URL value.

-- hugh

lol github Hugh - not SVN ;)
Glad you found this one, I really didn't see what the issue was.

-Rob

Thank you! I know we could do better, things fall through the cracks sometimes, and right now we are stretched very thin because of having to develop / support on three different J! and Fabrik versions, but we do our best.

Real Soon Now we hope to have 3.1 out, and 2.x and 3.0 will be end of lifed, allowing us to concentrate on just one code tree.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back