Recent content by daneyul

1. D

What is so odd about the "form" template?

I can easily override the Form, List and Detail template groups by cloning the originals in the same directory path--for example: "..components/com_fabrik/view/forms/tmpl/bootstrap" gets copied to: "..components/com_fabrik/view/forms/tmpl/my_form_override" and everything is fine once I tell...
  2. D

Confused on unlinked selection box

OK, Thanks! I'll give the database join a shot. I understood the option wouldn't be there for "choosing" in the other list once I unlinked it--just thought a value once chosen (and thus added to the db) would be available to all since it's just a value in a cell at that point-- but now that I...
  3. D

Confused on unlinked selection box

I have a selection box element. I gave permission to add new entries to the user. I've got 3 "mirrors" of the list it's in. They are unlinked. User added a new menu item entry on the Form for one of the child elements and selected it. But, on the read-only details view (which is based on...
  4. D

Custom Edit URL in List, when form is saved redirects incorrectly

Doh! Thanks--that worked like a charm! Just when I think I got it down, I learn something new.
  5. D

Heh. I was afraid of that--no big deal. Do you have one (a redirect plugin) that you recommend? I just tried one called Redj and, simple as it is, it's refusing to do a redirect from: /administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=5 to...
  6. D

I have a list (id 1): ... /joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=1 That list is set up with a custom edit URL to take me to a form (id 5) for a list duplicated from the first one: "index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=form.view&formid=5&rowid={rowid}" All's...
  7. D

Query works find in detail view, generates error when saving form

Thanks! That appears to have fixed it--the weird thing is--it worked as expected when generating the details for already made forms, but wouldn't let me save a new or edited form, or view the list data. I had found a workaround--I'd created a 2nd list on the same table, just to generate a...
  8. D

Query works find in detail view, generates error when saving form

I have an eval'ed query in a the default text area of a text area element--works fine to return the data I need in the detail view. But when I click SAVE in the Form it gives me an sql error. I'm hoping someone can give me a pointer on what to look for--why does what seems to be a working...
  9. D

Where oh where is Form View settings?

Heh, yep. No argument I brought this one on myself. The tooltip looks perfect though--Thanks! While I still probably would have done the stupid thing, that would have mitigated the duration of my suffering for the stupid thing immensely. (I definitely read the current form label tool tip...
  10. D

That's odd--I haven't knowingly changed any Fabrik templates--so not sure where or how a div is changing to a span. I'm using the standard install, nothing from github. In Elements - Access - Details View, there's a tooltip that tells you the field can be affected by another field (Views...
  11. D

Sigh. Groups. Label Position. Was off. I must have turned it off at some point, and just never hit that menu to check it last night, not thinking group-form label were related, especially since you have a setting for it the Form settings, and their specified in each element. Isn't having it...
  12. D

I know I've tried both above and side for the form labels with no change. Tooltips, though--not sure--will check when I get home. I haven't explicitly set them, so I'm thinking whatever the default was. How do they factor in to this?
  13. D

Thanks again for the reply. I switched the site to prototstar, and put the form to default, and while it did change the layout, still not seeing those form labels on the 20 or so elements in the form, which is a mixture of fields, dropdowns, text areas. Most odd. Some have validations, most...
  14. D

For forms, I'm using a overridden version of Bootstrap--it's selected in the Forms Front end, and definitely in use. The site template itself--well, you'd think that would be easy, but I'm using a custom one someone gave me "they made in themeler". Not sure what it's based on. So--this sounds...
  15. D

Wow--I can see how those could be useful--quick demos that show things without a lot of fussing around. I feel a bit guilty now, as I reinstalled Joomla from scratch, added Fabrik, and the problem that was making me crazy went away--data finally started showing up in the Detail view. I'm...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back