Recent content by Saumier

1. S

How to access a form element in PHP

Joomla 2.5.9 Fab 3.0.8 I've been all over the WIKI and forum, and everything I've found doesn't work for me. Here's what I want to do: I have a radio button; 0 = No 1 = Yes The next field is a text field that is not required if radio button = 0, but is required if radio button = 1. I'm...
  2. S

Merge rows and reduce data

J 2.5.9 F 3.0.7 Github 2013-02-08 I have the following: (jos)User (jos)User -> (fab)profile one-to-one join to User (jos)user -> (fab)payments one-to-many join to User List is set to "Merge rows and reduce data" When I display the list I get: email-address lastname firstname...
  3. S

Fatal error inserting element

Thanks for your clue to the problem: I did install github with only update later.....Did it again with "override all" and that took care of that problem.
  4. S

Fatal error inserting element

I am completely rebuilding my site. I have set up a test sub-domain because I am getting an error in trying to rebuild the site. It has only Joomla 2.5.8 and Fab 3.0.6.3 and github downloaded this morning (2013-02-07) I have created a list and when I try to add an element I get the following...
  5. S

CSV no records

I am seeing a few problems with the site. Rather than troubleshoot these, I am going to rebuild the site.So ignore this thread. Thanks.
  6. S

CSV no records

Joom 2.5.7 Fab 3.0.6 Just did a github update 1-28-2013 Trying to export an Excel CSV file from simple db table (no joins, etc.) Export CSV window pops up and just sits there- Loading 0/records. It doesn't work on any CSV export from any List where I've tried it. Pretty sure it used to...
  7. S

How to link to a form from a module

Thanks, that does it. Too bad there so much mis/obsolete information floating around.
  8. S

How to link to a form from a module

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I am trying to link to a Fabrik form from a module using Joomla Weblinks. It works if I put the URL in the link, such as http://www.site-name.com/index.php/members/members-renewal Problem here is the user must be logged in to use the form, and if he is already logged in when...
  9. S

Force focus to any field

This is similar to another thread I started last week. My question is how to apply setting focus to any field. I have a small test site with basic Joomla setup and Fabrik. I have the following code for "Focus Test", testing using form_2 and element = field1: var fld1 =...
  10. S

Element validation using Javascript

Well I've tried about everything that made sense to me, but I still can't get it to put focus back on the bad date. It is reset when an error is found. I will pm you access to the site. I'm guessing if you show me how to get the id I'll be able to do whatever I need to do in the future. Thanks...
  11. S

Element validation using Javascript

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I need to validate a date using Javascript. If it is a good date, I return true, else return false. Here is the basic code : In the "date" element (a text field). I have the following coding in Javascript: var dateStr = form_1.formElements.get('datetest___date1').getValue()...
  12. S

JavaScript to validate a date

I sent you a message on Skype with the URL. I guess I enjoy the "chase of the hunt" trying to find solutions. But after awhile I have to cry uncle. I have learned a lot through the forum(s) and googling for solutions. Fabrik is the best thing since sliced bread. The biggest problem I see is...
  13. S

Hi Cheese- thanks again for your help. I never reinstalled Skype after my PC crashed several...

Hi Cheese- thanks again for your help. I never reinstalled Skype after my PC crashed several months ago, installed it this morning, so I'm kind of using this as a test. This is Saumier. It looks to me like I don't have a good statement to read the date. The page is at skydev.skymasters.org and...
  14. S

Redirect

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 While I'm at it... I have a form where a clerk enters a new member. When the record is Saved, I just want to return to the same form. I've set up the redirect as shown, but I get a message that page is not published. Again, your magic is appreciated.
  15. S

JavaScript to validate a date

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I've been trying for two days without success to get this to work, with every variation I could think of. I've looked at every WIKI, forum, and google. I'm merely trying to validate a date entered on a form as mm/dd/yyyy. I cannot figure out why this js does not work. //...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back