Search results

1. T

Fixed J!5: Warning messages in popup form

I'm getting the messages shown below in the pop up dialog that shows when the user clicks the Add Option on a databasejoin element. The messages show up even when joomla debugging and fabrik debugging are both turned off. Tried turning a bunch of dials in the databasejoin configuration, but I...
  2. T

date format unknown for {$my->id} replacing

I have a fabrik list menu item with a filter on it. It seems to me at the filter is working as expected, but i get this warning message above my list and I dunno why. Here's the message: Here are my filter settings: Any thoughts mightily appreciated. Thom
  3. T

Filter records based on user's company

I'm trying to find the best way to filter lists to show only records from where the record shares the user's company value. I currently have a fabrik_users table that stores a company name (databasejoin) and also creates new juser records. Two parts to this problem, I think: Storing the user's...
  4. T

After adding JS, dropdown options not configurable

Okay, this seems pretty odd, but I tried a zillion experiments. After creating a new list, and a new dropdown element, I added 3 options and then added some JS to show/hide another group in the form if one of the dropdown options was selected. That all worked fine, but I found that any...
  5. T

saving two table rows from one form

For quite a while, I've had a form published that used a list which had a joined second table. The form displays fields from both the master table and the joined table. When a form was completed, new records would be saved to both tables. At some point in time - perhaps after installing the...
  6. T

Double List of Elements

Not sure quite how this happened, but my list of elements is now showing some elements twice in the list. I started with creating a list from an existing table, copied in some elements from another list of elements and the last thing I did was update an element (not copied in) from a long text...
  7. T

How to know which version of fabrik installed

What's the easiest way to know which version of fabrik is currently installed on a site?
  8. T

Can't create a radiobutton element

I'm on the latest version of Fabrik and Joomla. When I try to create a radio button element, I get the following error message: Save failed with the following error: Field 'default' doesn't have a default value. I've tried it three times and get the same result each time. In some trials, I...
  9. T

Calc that counts repeating groups

I have a form that has two repeatable groups. For each repeatable group, I'd like to have a field that shows a count of the number of repeating groups that have been added. Keep in mind, the form shows an empty group and the group may not get populated by the user, so it needs to not count any...
  10. T

Any Simple Way of Outputting to PDF?

Has anyone come up with a reasonably simple way of outputting a details view to PDF? I've tried to follow everything in the wiki and I'm still baffled. I have no idea what that skimpy bit of wiki documentation is trying to tell me about templates. Tried outputting to a simple php page using...
  11. T

Parse json field value in calc

I have a multi-select field called services. Here's a sample value: ["Cut Lawn","Trim Hedge"] Now I want to combine it with a date field to come up with a field that reads: Cut lawn, Trim Hedge - 2022-11-01 First, I need a clean version of this text, and that's where I get into trouble...
  12. T

Filtering datajoin list by User Field Value

I have tables of data with a Company field. Tables are pre-filtered using a value stored in a user field. Now, when a form includes a datajoin element, I want to filter the list to display only rows that match the company value. I was able to do this successfully for drop down fields, but...
  13. T

Using User-Field values as a Pre-filter criteria

I'd like to create a sort of multi-tenant project where users of company x sign in and Fabrik lists would be filtered to only show records related to company x. Is there a way to include a user field value in a fabrik menu item's pre-filter setting? I see that J4 has the ability to create...
  14. T

Element JS updates shown value, but it's not being saved

I have a js event on the checkbox, firing on "change" to update the value of a jdate field. It does a fine job of displaying the correct date on each state change. No console errors appear. However, even when displaying tne new date, after pressing the form's save button, the previous value...
  15. T

Newbies: Choose Something Else

If you're just starting to use or consider using Fabrik, and you happen to have stumbled upon this thread, please know that you probably should find a different basket to put your eggs in. It was recently announced that Fabrik is joining HyperCard, VB, etc in the graveyard of lost...
  16. T

Conditionally hide an element based on user group?

If the user is public, I want to populate the element via the query string and display it as read-only. if the user is special, I want the user to be able to edit the element. Should I be doing this with a javascript? Perhaps there's some way to do it with user groups set to hidden or...
  17. T

Make JDate readonly?

I have a form group that includes jdate fields and i'd like to make them readonly. I tried adding an on-load javascript to an element on the form. That didn't work. After some experimenting, it seems that the script can be set to make any element/group to readonly, provided that the target...
  18. T

Single option drop down stores array??

I just created a dropdown field with four options and set multi-select to "off". It shows as expected, but it stores an array with two values in it. A user selects what should have a value of "3" and it stores ["3","0"]. Why? The second value seems to indicate the previous selection. Is...
  19. T

Populate database join element from querystring

How can I pre-populate a database join element in a form using a query string value? When set to auto-populate, I can see the value is arriving in the field, but it's not showing the label value. There's a long blurb about working with Ajax in the database join element portion of the wiki...
  20. T

Change the order in which list plug ins are shown?

I have a list with 3-4 list plug-ins. Now that I've created them, I'd like to change the order in which they are shown, but I don't see any way to do so. I can't drag them. Do I have to delete them and recreate them in the right order?
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back