Ajaxify YES in list causes Admin Tools to block [SOLVED]

While testing my fledgling app on a live site, I discovered that one of the list filters was not working (spinning loader) and in fact triggered a security exception from Akeeba Admin Tools which, if I didn't navigate away quickly, caused Admin Tools to block my site.

The security exception email quoted the reasons as "templ= in URL" and the Admin Tools documentation points to the "Block tmpl=foo system template switch" option. The tmpl= keyword tells Joomla which .php file in the template's folder it will use to render the page (e.g. the component.php file). If this option is turned on, Admin Tools provides a list of allowed templ= keywords, such as component, system and raw.

Sure enough, when I turned off this option, the filter worked fine and no security exceptions were triggered. However, I don't really want to turn off this option as it would reduce the security of my site. After trying several options, I found the problem was solved when I switched off the Ajaxify option in the list.

I couldn't find any reference to this in the forum or the wiki so I post this here in case it affects anyone else. I also wondered whether a note should be added to the relevant wiki - maybe under "Editing a List"?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back