Allow user to create reoccuring appointments

chozma

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up some functionality on my site that allows a user to create an appointment that has an option to be reoccuring. It might reoccur every month, week, every few weeks, the first Monday of the month, on a specific date each month etc etc. Ideally I want quite a wide range of options available to the user so they can choose what suits them.

I think this is pretty common functionality for appointments so I reckon a few of you might have needed this kind of thing for your sites before.

So before I start thinking about writing any bespoke code to do this, how have other folk tackled this kind of thing?

Are there any nifty plugins or short cuts to doing this? Any advice? :)

Thanks as always all,

Hannah
x

First I would think about a list+form "one event - many occurrences". "One event" means something with own title and description that has just one entry. "Many occurrences" are related to this one. Ideally recurring both automatically following some rules (e.g every 2nd Saturday of month) or submitted manually without any special rule (e.g event is today in NY, tomorrow in Miami, 13 May in Brussels, 16 May in Helsinki, 31 August in Oslo, 1 December in Tallinn etc)

Thanks Jaanus. Just so I make sure I understand your suggestion correctly.... You are saying have two lists, one to store the event itself (title and description) and a separate list that holds the details regarding its reoccurence rules?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back