Automatic email add to Mailing List after PayPal Payment

crossroad

I am looking to create multiple Mailing Lists, one for every PayPal "Buy Now" button. The goal is to have the customers email address be automatically added to that specific PayPal item Mailing List when they check out. I am using cPanel which has a Mailing List option. My understanding is that cPanel uses mailman, which I think uses file system, not database tables, which is fine but I do not have as much programming experience as I would like. So, using cPanel may not be a good option. I do not care what Mailing List program is used, I would just like for it to work well and be secure. Thanks in advance for the help.

CPanel uses 'mailman', which is a major pain in the butt to integrate with. I did a similar project for someone a few years ago in Fabrik, and it was a nightmare.

I would strongly suggest using MailChimp, http://mailchimp.com/pricing/

I don't know how many recipients / mailings you are planning to handle, but MailChimp's pricing is extremely reasonable, starting with the most reasonable price of all (free), and they provide excellent backend administration and analysis tools. They also handle bounce traffic extremely well, which is very important for any kind of list handling.

Most importantly, they also provide a PHP class for their REST API which is very easy to drive, and would be relatively simple to integrate into our PayPal plugin's IPN handling.

Be aware that even with the Pro subscription, building your project will require some additional paid development work, we wouldn't be able to get it done within just the Pro subscription cost.

-- hugh

BTW, are you mailing list subscriptions "forever", or do you need to handle recurring payments and/or unsubscribing after defined periods of time?

-- hugh

The mailing list will need to work as such - PayPal integration where a customers email address is added to a mailing list when they purchase. There will need to be a mailing list for each PayPal shopping cart item. Also, is this method of adding email addresses to mailing list secure? My product I'm selling is information that will be delivered via the mailing lists. I don't want a hacker to be able to add email addresses without paying for it. The life of each mailing list will be about 3 months, then it will be discontinued. Thanks!

how many users are you expecting to sign up to any one product list? I.e how many emails would you expect to send out in one go?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back