Best Option Solution for multiple lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelis

Seeking some adivce on how best to achieve the following in Fabrik 3.1 J3.2.2
Have a List named Calendar with around about 500 rows of different events and their details.
One of the details in the Calendar List is an element called Region, which has up to 6 different regions.
What I need to achieve is to assign each region to a menu so that only those records that belong to that region are displayed in the coreresponding menu.
Do I make 5 copies of the Calendar List, renaming each one after apply a filter to that list based on the selected region.
Or, is there a better and cleaner way of achieving this outcome.
Thanks for any advice

You can add different prefilters to every Fabrik list menu item (in "Fabrik List Options" tab).

Thanks troester
That suggestion will fit the solution very well, once I can get the settings correct.
My first attempt in setting the List Options tab, to pre-filter the list hasn't resulted in the prefilter working as it should.
I will keep trying, but I am assuming the query function of the pre-filter, will wotk on a dropdown element?

Question regarding pre-filters for Lists
In the Fabrik List Options, when I use the Add button to set the first arguement in the pre-filter popup window, I only have either the "And" or "OR" to choice from.
However, the documentation I have read and what very little I know of queries, shouldn't the first arguement be set with "Where"
Have I missed another setting or something?

Thanks for any tips
Steve

Clarification for this post.
Under Lists when I select the particular list I can set the pre-filter with the "Where" option and works fine.
However, my current problem is when assigning the List to a menu, and then trying to set the pre-filter option with the "Where" function, it is not visible to select
Hope that makes it a bit clearer

Thanks again
Steve

Yes, the prefilter layout in the list menu is a bit different (and not very nice), but it is working;) (The "where" in list's prefilter setting is just text)
You don't need to select OR/AND if you only want to set one prefilter. Select your element (=field) + condition, add the value, select type and access (=apply to) as you are doing in the list setting.
"Close" the popup (I assume you have to scroll to see the button), save the menu item.

Hi troester
Thanks for your clarification, and I have got it to work.:)
In the Fabrik List Options tab I clicked on the Show in list option, selected the elements I wanted to display and then clicked on the Pre-filters option creating the filter.
The pre-filter can be set to an element that hasn't been selected in the Show in list option which is great, especially if the List's heading is descriptive of the value contained in the element.

Again, many thanks for your assistance
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back