Birthday and Ajax

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixkat

I'm fumbling around to work out the best way forward on this one....

I have a small form which only consists of the birthday element. The idea is that after a DOB is submitted a page will load up related to that date, (via the redirect plugin).

Initially I had a PHP plugin on the form which ran OnBeforeStore, I extracted the birthday array and performed a query on the database. This all worked fine but I needed the result of this variable to be added to an additional plugin, namely the redirect and placed in 'Jump Page'. I'm not sure if this is possible though.....

Alternatively I thought I'd create a dummy calc field instead pretty much running the same PHP but storing it so I could use a placeholder in the 'Jump Page' instead.

However I don't think I can do this either as the calc doesn't seem to be picking up the birthday values. I think this is because the d,m,y are stored as an array.

I created two additional fields for testing, one a plain field and the other the date element and they are returning the values correctly. Just not the birthday element.

So.... Is there a way around either solution? :D

Don't worry, I did option 3.... :D

I stuck with just the birthday element and only a PHP form plugin to perform the calc and redirect.

Works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back