browser freezes when using "user" type field in edit form

mangotree

Discovered that the browser (Chrome, IE9) freezes for several seconds about 4 or 5 seconds after the page loads when I have a field type 'user' in the form. It doesn't matter whether I have it display name, id, or other user field, result is the same. This is not a database pause... the browser actually freezes and becomes unresponsive for several seconds, before activating again. Possibly a runaway JS issue?

One thing atypical about this site is that it has over 70,000 registered users so I am wondering if there is a JS routine that runs that is chugging on this long user list?

Did not experience this with Fabrik 2.x with same size user table.

If I change the field type to 'field' and instead do a default of {$my->id} there is no freezing, but of course then the database field is varchar and not int.

Ideas?

Thanks,
James

Hmmmm. Can you tell me the exact settings you had on the user element, or better yet post a screenshot of the settings, including the Access settings?

As the user element is an extensions of the database join class, if your settings allow the user to choose from a dropdown, yes, with that many users I can see that would cause browsers some problems.

However, if the user elements is configured so the user does not have a choice, i.e. it is set up simply to be hidden and record only the logged on user's ID, this shouldnt happen. hence, wanting to see your settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back