Bug: Databasejoin shows value instead of label after validation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOI

Hi,

I am currently in the process of preparing the migration of my major client side from J!2.5 to J!3.2. I really like the new bootstrap design and found a lot of great improvements in Fabrik. This is really a major step forward. Great job guys!

While some of the bugs reported for Fabrik 3.0.9 are gone in 3.1rc2, there are some new ones as well. I will post those in this and my following threads.

First one is about databasejoin elements. They are showing the value (in my case the id) instead of the label (in my case a user name) after a validation rule failed - and if the element is read-only due to Access settings of the element. Before the failed validation the element was showing the label just fine.

I didnt change any of the settings of the corresponding databasejoin elements after migrating from J!2.5. The same error occurs with new databasejoin elements created after the migration.

Chris

Hi Is this with the 3.1rc2 release or with the code from github? (the joomla3 branch) - could you also let me know what page this is on so I can see it (I don't see this behaviour on my test site)

Hi,
I installed the 3.1rc2 release and did a Github update afterwards - last one sometimes in mid of December.

I you login into my site using the test account "t.user" (PW: "p.word"), open the list "FMC Charters to be approved (DoI0)" in the top menu "CCT", open any record, change the field "CCT" on the tab "Organization" to "Please Select" and then try to save the form, a validation error occurs and in the field "Originator" on the tab "Organization" the user id is shown instead of the user name as before the validation error.

Chris

I don't see the field 'Originator' when on the form index.php/ccts/charter-approval-list-cct1/form/51/1404 - so hard to test ;) -has its name changed? I went through as submitted the form with a failed validation, and compared the displayed values to that of the original form and didn't see any difference?

Sorry - I forgot to update my sites details after migration to J!3.2. I added another site - please use the details for th "FMC J!3.2" entry.

The "Originator" field was one of the new fields in the J!3.2 version of my site - it resides on the tab "Organization".

See attached Screenshots of the form before and after validation.

Attachments

• orignator.jpg
    orignator.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 206
  • orignator_validated.jpg
    orignator_validated.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 189
There's one crucial thing missing: you need to login to the site using the test account "t.user" (PW: "p.word"), not the account "fabrik_support" I supplied in the my sites section.

The "fabrik_support" account has Superuser rights - therefore the Originator field is editable, while the test account has no write access to the Originator field.

The problem of displaying the value instead of the label after a validation error only occurs if the field is readonly for the logged in user.

Added the fix to my local version of databasejoin.php - this solved the problem.

Thanks. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back