can't edit properties for element

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboss

I'm not able to remove validations from element.

I have an element with a noempty and a php validations, now for this element it's impossible to edit properties like name, label, order or remove validations.

This happens for a element and this element only in the form.
Save or save and close produce nothing than a return to top of page in browser.

thanks

Only one element or all?
Are you running a recent GitHub update (master branch if you are on Fabrik3.0)?

no javascript in the element, but 2 validation, noempty and php.

I'll go crazy with this, alla cleared (Joomla, browser, JaT3 I use a Joomlart template), tried with 3 different browser on 2 different pc.
:mad:

Is it only this one element?
I would try to delete and recreate it (you don't need to delete the database column).

yes, only this one.

no problem with content? It's first time in this case for me, how link new element to existing db column and its content?

Backup;)
edit list/Advanced: set alter field types =only new fields

goto element list
delete element
select status trashed
select element and "empty trash"
DON'T select the element for "As well as deleting the element, select which database fields to drop" (it shouldn't matter if alter field types is set to only new, but I wouldn't try), just click SAVE
select status "-select status"
recreate your element (make sure to take the same column name)

if necessary reset list to alter field types=yes

HELP! Tomorrow this app must go online!!!

now problem is that the field was a databasejoin and in email list plugin is sent the id instead of label.
Properties are absolutely identical to other elements (in same list) that correctly show label in email list plugin.

thanks

Dbjoin placeholder in message text is ok here.
Again: is this only this element (other DBJOIN elements are coming with label)?
Where do you use the placeholder? Message field, php template, html template, content template?

Dbjoin placeholder in message text fails here, id is sent.
yes, other (7) DBJOIN elements are coming with label, placeholders are used in (same) content template.

message test
{zdtl_mp___it11i}
{zdtl_mp___it12i}

message test
ROMA

zdtl_mp___it11i is DBJOIN element deleted and re-created with same name. (already tested with different name, no solution)

So what is special with this element? is it using a 2nd db connection? in a joined and/or repeated group?

;) thank you, your hint has been useful; no voluntary cross join but 2nd connection with same name was not the main connection (perhaps a refuse of old tests).

SOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back