Color Picker Plugin Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bivey

After applying update to Joomla 3.4.4 and Fabrik 3.3.3 one of my lists (Tasks List) now displays a white screen both front & backend. Other lists are OK. Turning Joomla Error reporting to MAX results in this error:
"Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in/home/bobbinhe/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/colourpicker/layouts/fabrik-element-colourpicker-list.phpon line6"
Can you help please?

I can't see this file ...plugins/fabrik_element/colourpicker/layouts/fabrik-element-colourpicker-list.php
on my site or in GitHub or in colour picker download.
Maybe it is some private/test file on your site which now is not longer compatible with the updated Fabrik version?
You can try to rename it so it won't be loaded.

Thank you for your quick response. I have temporarily unpublished the element 'color-picker' which for now allows the list to display. I can view the file via cPanel on my server in the Joomla 'plugins' folder: public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/colourpicker/layouts/fabrik-element-colourpicker-list.php.
I renamed it to .txt and is attached.
It is only 3 lines and I notice that there is no php closing tag:

<?php

defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

$d = $displayData;
echo $d['text'];

If it is not your file, it may have been created by the Report Writer (AlterReports - Support) following my request to them to help with the actual display of the color in a report (rather than the color code)

Attachments

• fabrik-element-colourpicker-list.txt
    75 bytes · Views: 161
I think you can delete the file completely (or rename to something else for testing).
The "fallback/default" should be ...\components\com_fabrik\layouts\fabrik-element-list.php
which has exactly this code (including the missing php end tag...)

If you want to override this layout individually e.g. for styling your colour picker in list view see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/jlayouts/

Thank you - renaming that file worked. However, since updating to v3.3.3 when accessing the 'Tasks' list (only), a blank "Update" pop-up appears. It does nothing and can be closed, but is unnecessary. Is it related to the colour-picker issue?
upload_2015-9-11_8-21-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-11_8-19-14.png
    upload_2015-9-11_8-19-14.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 209
A few days ago Joomla backend Control Panel "Checking Extensions" showed that updates were available for both Joomla (to v3.4.4) and Fabrik 3.3.3. I allowed them to be applied automatically - there were updates to the component, as well as to many elements - most of which show author: Author Information rob@pollen-8.co.uk www.fabrikar.com" class="editlinktip hasTooltip" title="">Rob Clayburn.

Sorry - I am a dumbo! (been at it too long today). Please ignore the 'popup' update window issue - it has now disappeared! I have been working within Fabrik today and must have done something to correct it - I had not noticed. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back