Content plugin - how to show all items from joined record.

juuser

Hi,

I hope this will be my last thread for today :)

I have an element from joined table which has several items (merge rows and reduce data).
Now, when i display that element in article via content plugin, only first record shows.

Is the any way to show all joined items from same row?

Hi Rob,

Sorry for answering too soon without checking the result properly. It seems that when using repeatcounter=all, it repeats only the first element several times. For example when there is 4 joined records, it generates 4 rows with the sama data :(

Hi Rob,

I have added my site information as you suggested.

In list called "Vormide remondiregister" (front page -> test -> vormide remondiregister) i have printer icon to forward to article which has content-plugin data. Article name is "Vormit?? blankett" in category "Fabrik". When you look at the list in front end, there are joined items in column "Toote kood". I try to show these in article table cell "Tooted:" like that: {fabrik view=element list=33 rowid=[rowid] element=plastone_tooted_nimekiri___toote_kood repeatcounter=all}. It only takes first item and repeats it.

Thanks for your help :)

oh that was tricky.
It seems you have repeat data, but have then set the group 'plastone_tooted_nimekiri' to not repeat thus elements in that group are not going to look for repeated data (as Fabrik is saying they don't belong to a repeating group.
I've edited that group and set it to repeat and now the content plugin renders each recorded value for the repeat group data.

-Rob

Hi Rob! Thanks for digging into it so deep. It seems to be working otherwise, but in form and detail view I have error message now that foreign key is not visible and there might be problem saving data. I have added a screenshot.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 226
ok you should ensure that that element is published then, its the element in the repeat group that references the primary key element in the main group.

Hi Rob. Somewhy this element, the error was referring to, was disappeared from the joined group. Made the join again and the error disappeared.
But now, when this group is set to repeatable, i have a complete mess with this table as the whole concept has changed. When I edit the record I will lose my joined table data. Basically I would have to set this group now to visible and select the data again in repeatable group and save the records. As I have several hundreds of them, it's quite impossible to do manually :(

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back