CSV Export

pranavb

Hi,

I have a List which is using pre-filters to display data. However, I want when the user exports data, he should be able to export the complete table (without filters). And I want to give this privilege to only one set of users.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

You can set separate prefilters for different user groups in your list.

Or create a separate menu item to your list and apply prefilters there.

Or you could create a copy of your list with appropriate settings.

Choosing between those options just depends how you have it set up and how you want it to work. I think the first option is your best bet.

Ok, it's like this. There is one master table and 10 employees and two managers. Employees see only those records for which they are part of. Managers see only those records which are 'Active' in nature. However, the master table has all entries in it, Active as well as non-Active. Now, I want that when the Managers export to CSV, they get the entire master table exported. But if an Employee exports CSV, he only gets what he is seeing (i.e. pre-filtered rows). Hope I've been able to put this across better this time.

Thanks for the extra info. I think CSV will always export per the list's prefilter settings at a minimum. So then you will need to have a way for managers to view a non-prefiltered list.

If you use a menu item to access your list, you could move your prefilters into that menu item and remove them from the list settings. Then just create another menu item without prefilters.

Or, make a copy of your list with the appropriate settings and provide a link to that to your managers.

Can there be a download link at the bottom of a filtered table which simply downloads the un-filtered table?
I am viewing the list through an article that is displayed using the menu item link.

There is a "CSV export" Fabrik menu item type which I think allows you to export directly without the dialog options. So you could make a link to that menu item in your List's Outro section. You would still need to make an non-prefilter copy of your list to point that menu item to. That is as easy as selecting it in the Fabrik List section and clicking the Copy button above. The copied list, group(s), element(s) still point to the same database table, it just allows you to create other ways to look at the information.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back