deleting a record

gapper

Hi,
I have two tables: ?Sell books? and ?Buy a book?. These two tables are linked through related data. When I subscribe ?Buy a book? form, the correspondent record should automatically disappear from the list ?Sell a book? (because the book is not available anymore). I think I would need a code to reach this aim.
Could this operation (deleting the correspondent record of a list when another form is subscribed) be made without a code? If the code is necessary, could this information be given with a standard subscription?

There is a way to do that without a code: in fact you need only one table "books" with a "yesno" element for the availabilty of the book.
You then have two lists pointing to this table: one with "books for sale", prefiltered on the "availability" = Yes, and another list "books sold", prefiltered on "availibilty" = No.

Could it be possible with a prefilter to show the records in the list book sold which reach a precise number of rows in a different list?
E.g.: I have 3 books to sell, so I type 3 in Quantity field (of Sell books form). "Books sold" list should show (prefilter) only the records (books sold) if the records number of "Buy a book" list (referred to that book) is equal to 3.

The answer is probably "Yes", but I am not totally sure to understand what you want to do. Could you explain how the whole process (should) work?

Introduction

- the seller fills the "Sell books" (this form has also a field which shows the max quantity to sell) form and type 3 in the field: Quantity.
- the buyer fills the "Buy a book" form (related to "Sell books").

Two cases:
- The first case is what I am referring to this thread: the buyer cannot type the quantity because he can only to buy 1 book per form subscribed. In this case, the "Buy a book" form has no field Quantity. When 3 buyers subscribe the form, the record in "Sell books" should be prefiltered in Books sold list.
- The second case has a field quantity in "Buy a book" form. If there are only 3 books available and the buyer types 2 in Quantity field (of "Buy a book" form), then the record in "Sell books" should be prefiltered in Books for sale list (because there is a book still available).

In this thread I am referring to the first case. Could a prefilter reach the aim?
About the second case, could something be possible?

Back