Disable frontend settings for csv import

vinia

Hi.

Is it possible to disable the options to import csv on the frontend? Or make 'csv' the only option in the Format selection? Our users might mess up with the options and I guess it would be a lot simpler for the users if we just instruct them to import that csv template file that we provided them, without any other options.

Thanks so much in advance! :)

To disable front-end CSV import, just set the import access to "Noone". If you do not have such access level, create it and assign no user groups to it.

You want to show only file selection and "Import" button?
I would hide the rest via CSS. (A user who knows can unhide but I assume this is not the problem here).

Thank you @juuser and @troester!

I would like the option to import csv available on the frontend but the other options like format, field delimiter and others hidden so the users will only have import the csv template that I provided them and not be able to change the other import settings that they might mess up.
Okay. Will try to hide them via css. I hope soon there will be an option in the List to disable the other import options/settings for the frontend users :)

Again, thanks so much!

You can disable it with a simple switch: set "Front end options" in the list CSV settings to "no".

EDIT:
Aaaahh, right: that's for exports only, as per @troester's post here below. Sorry!

Last edited:
You can also comment-out fields in
..\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\forms\import.xml
But the file will be overwritten after an update (or you make it read-only)
Works perfect for me.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back