Disappearing labels with tooltips

Trembowiecki

Hi,

my system: PHP 8.2, Joomla 5.0.2, Fabrik 4.0. I've noticed that sometimes (not always!) when element has a tooltip, while loading form its label gets 'style=display: none;' and the element has no label in the form, which is frustrating. It happens also with element having validations (because they automatically get tooltips). Sometimes refreshing the form makes the 'invisibility' go away, sometimes it doesn't work. Can you replicate it?

Maybe this is related to this thread ?

Hi, unfortunately the tooltip solution is not applicable here. Here's what I've found so far: the problem must be JS script(s), which modifies label of the element with tooltip (adds 'aria' part) and adds the 'tooltip' part at the end of the page. Spotted cases:
- the script on page load, loads said bottom part (<div class="tooltip"...) and it doesn't go away, so the tooltip is always visible and when I hover the element's label, the tooltip doubles (one tooltip over the same another one),
- the script on page load modifies element's label and adds visibility mentioned earlier, so... no label at all.

Oh, and the debugging is off and browser console shows no errors. I don't know if it matters, but I use Chrome.

I can't replicate. I don't get an aria part nor a "tooltip" at the bottom.
Which elements are you using?
Any 3rd party plugin which may be triggered by Fabrik's 'data-bs-toggle="tooltip"'?
Is it a new or a F3-updated site? Any custom templates, overrides?

Do you have a link?

Now I look like a lunatic, don't I. But I enclose screenshots to show you what I mean:
- sscursoroff1.jpg: element's label with tooltip when cursor is off the label
- sscursorhover1.jpg: the cursor over the label
- sscursoroff2,jpg: html page structure when cursor is off label
- sscursorhover2.jpg: the cursor over the label
See? JS must modify the DOM when the cursor is over the label with tooltip and the script sometimes doesn't work as it should, hence the situations descibed in my last post above.

As for additional extensions - I have to investigate DJ-MegaMenu module, which I use on the site, but it's the only other extension I use.
Element: field, site created from scratch on Joomla 5, no template overrides.

As for the link: it's on local server (as part of our intranet), but when I hit the rock bottom, I can make it visible for you to take a look at, if you would like to investigate.

Attachments

• sscursoroff1.jpg
    sscursoroff1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 32
  • sscursoroff2.jpg
    sscursoroff2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 31
  • sscursorhover1.jpg
    sscursorhover1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 32
  • sscursorhover2.jpg
    sscursorhover2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 31
Now I look like a lunatic,
No:)
You are right, I get the aria and bottom also while on the label (and tooltip is showing).

But I can't replicate the issue.

Is it also in the backend?

I use Fabrik in the frontend, but will do some additional checking in the backend and will get back with more info. The biggest problem is: it happens very irregularly, so it's impossible to catch it on demand. I enclose the situation, where on load I get disply: none for the label (for no reason, and it disapperars after refreshing... almost always, because sometimes it doesn't and I have to refresh form 2-3 times).

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 35
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back