Display databasejoin on detail view

waby

Hi,

I try to display a multi-select databasejoin element on the detail view.

With {table_name___element_name}, it works with select list but it does not work with multi-select list.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks in advance

Eloise

Well select will be a single value whereas a multiselect will be an array.

Is this for a calc, a custom template.... ?

I think you are going to have to provide some more details on how you are doing the custom template.

Doing a custom template based on the provided custom_contacts template you would reference the element....

$this->element = $this->elements['multiselectdbjoin'];
echo $this->loadTemplate('element');

... and testing this returns the desired result.

You can use placeholders but it will be more difficult for situations like this which involve repeat groups.

Can you explain the reason for placeholders before we proceed?

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It works partially. The databasejoin is filled "yes" on Link to joined record. So the links doesnt work. Here is the code source:

<a href="/fabrik/index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;view=details&amp;formid=9&amp;listid_=9&amp;rowid=&amp;Itemid=101"><ul class="fabrikRepeatData"><li>Strawberry</li></ul></a>

About your last question, I will not use the placeholders anymore and I will customize the details template as per the custom_contacts template example.

Best regards,

Well the custom_contacts has most of the work done for you, but obviously it's your choice, I was just wondering why you were doing it that way. :)

I'm pretty sure doing it with the custom_contacts that the URL's will render correctly for you. If they don't though post back and we can have a look.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back