display joomla article in the "display" element

p38

Hi, is there any way I can display a joomla article in the "display" element.

Alternatively, how can I get the textare to render correctly when set to display in form.

I want to embed a fabrik list using content plugin eg: {fabrik view=list id=24} in an textare/display element so that it displays a list when teh fowm is shown.
form
I can embed a list within a list, if I set the textarea to display in the list, but does not render correctly in teh display/form view

Paul.

Embedding a list in a form will not be possible as you will have nested <form> tags which cause all sorts of wierdness. You are limited to either putting the list in the form intro/outro, or making a custom template to position the list absoultely

Just to be clear, by "cause weirdness", Rob isn't talking about Fabrik specific problems - you simply aren't allowed to embed <form> tags in HTML, period.

I'm surprised it works in list view, as the list's implicit form (which is what handles things like row checkbox selection, filters, nav buttons, etc) surrounds the entire list.

The only way this might work reliably is if you created a "read only" list template, which had no surrounding form, and replace that with a div with the same ID / name, and ripped out all the stuff that uses the list's form features (fiters, row selection, etc).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back