dropdown option show hidden field

EQM site, Place ad form - only one there currently. When 'other' option is chosen in element #3 I want element #19 to turn on. Also in element #4 when value #4 is chosen I want element #28 to turn on.

something to help you which might shed some light, I have noticed with checkboxes and radio buttons, if you use the bootstrap display option, the JS plugin does not fire, so you cannot change the elements based on what is clicked.

I have not had a chance to log this yet.

OK ... should be working.

You had element #19 set to hidden in the main element properties. This actually makes the element totally hidden, so it's "input type=hidden", and cannot then be shown via JS. And you only had one JS event, to hide #19 when 'other' is selected, you didn't have anything set up to hide it again if something other than 'other' is selected.

It's not entirely obvious, but to do what you want requires three JS events:

on change: show #19 if value == other
on change: hide #19 if value != other
on load: hide #19 if value != other

If you find that the 'change' event doesn't work in all browsers, you can use 'click' instead. For example, some earlier versions of IE don't correctly handle 'change' events.

If you have a look at how I've set up element #3, you should be able to do element #4 yourself. Just shotu if you have any issues with it.

-- hugh

something to help you which might shed some light, I have noticed with checkboxes and radio buttons, if you use the bootstrap display option, the JS plugin does not fire, so you cannot change the elements based on what is clicked.

I have not had a chance to log this yet.

Hmmm, I'll take a look at that now. if you don't mind I'll do the initial test on your site. Back in a minute ...

-- hugh

If you mean the 'bootstrap' template, I just set the form to use the 'bootstrap-tabs' template (as per one of your other threads) and it seems to work OK?

-- hugh

Which "bootstrap display option" are you referring to?

Bootstrap Button Group option in the element options which overrides "
Options per row"

I had taken out the JS logic to keep going on my site. I will reactivate them so you can have a look.

Give me a day or two.

Paul.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back