e-mail services with a help of created list

Vadim

I made a list (ID #4) for mass-media (not users) with e-mails. Now I'd like to use it for sending e-mails. What possibilities there are in Fabrik for creation such services? or any recomended links to read?

Could you be more specific in what you are trying to achieve?

In general there are two plugins that might be of interest to you.

* the list email plugin which allows you to select rows and send an email

* the cron email plugin which allows you to periodically send mails to a set of users found in a list

-Rob

For example, to send a letter by email for all contacts from city X and group Y, where X and Y I can choose by myself everytime for every concrete task.
And I searched for "list email" in wiki and it said There is no page titled "list email", so if you mean to read exactly info, please, provide a link. Thank you in advance!)

What would be the largest number of emails are you planning on sending in each batch? Just approximately, so is it tens, hundreds or thousands?

-- hugh

I should send emails for thousands (very seldom), for hundreds (more often), for tens - rather regularly.

I'd be concerned about trying to send thousands using our mail plugins, and maybe even hundreds, depending on what mail method you use in J!, how fast your server is, how well linked it is to the 'net, etc.

The challenges and issues involved with real "mass mailing" are not trivial, and Fabrik isn't really designed to provide a complete mass mailing solution. We can handle smaller mailings, in the tens or hundreds, but trying to send to thousands of addresses would almost certainly be problematic. We also don't provide any of the "feedback" you get with purpose built mass mailing products, i.e. information on bounced emails, etc.

There are a number of J! extensions which are designed to true mass mailers, and a few "bridges" to third party mailing solutions like MailChimp.

You can certainly try using our email cron (scheduled task) plugin, which provides basic functionality for sending to a table of recipients, using standard placeholders for the "to", "subject" and "message" fields, and should be fairly self explanatory on setting up if you read the tooltips. But because our 'cron' tasks run as part of the standard J! page load processing, trying to mail to "too many" recipients is going to run in to PHP processing time limits.

My advice is that you investigate some other component that specializes in mass mailing, but which can still use configurable tables and table fields for driving the address list.

-- hugh

It was good consultation, thank you! You said about 3 possibilities: 1) based on Fabrik for small quantity, 2) J! extensions which are designed to true mass mailers, 3) few "bridges" to third party mailing solutions like MailChimp. I can try continue with 1) and 2) by myself, and please, give me an example of the 2)

We use mailchimp for our email news letter - its a very good 3rd party solution

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back