Easy change host name & port for links

henk

I use several links in my fabrik application. Now I need to change the host and portnumber (port 80 => 8080).
So I need to change all the links in most of my lists (many). Is there a easy way to do this globally?

Sounds like you're using a lot of absolute links which, for some reason, are including the port number? Hmm... unusual... also if a host can't deal with port 80 but only 8080, no?

Anyway, if it's absolutely necessary, that many links and I were you, I'd probably export the database in SQL file format, then - with the UTF-8 compatible text editor of your choice, find & replace the port numbers, and finally re-import the database.

You may also use a tool like DBReplacer from RegularLabs.

No matter which method: be careful if modifying the database, backup before.

Sounds like you're using a lot of absolute links which, for some reason, are including the port number? Hmm... unusual... also if a host can't deal with port 80 but only 8080, no?

Anyway, if it's absolutely necessary, that many links and I were you, I'd probably export the database in SQL file format, then - with the UTF-8 compatible text editor of your choice, find & replace the port numbers, and finally re-import the database.

Well, yes I use a different portnumber for each different php version on my local site; that makes it easy to switch/test.
For this I use absolute links, but I never tried relative links. Does that work for the link plugin?

@troester
That should work also, indeed. (didn't think of that myself)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back