easy way to replicate fabrik across sites

p38

Hi Guys,

How can I replicate fabrik solutions across sites?

I have a few sites that use the same fabrik configuration, so would like to replicate this across sites.

So as the main site is expanded and developed with fabrik, I would like to periodically update the other sites with the changes..

It is virtually impossible to manually change all the sites.

Any ideas

Paul

Could do a joomla multi-site and have a master to rule them all.. ?! but if they are all separate sites, then, you are in the same boat as me..well, my boat is J!2.5.. it has its own problems with Fabrik , so my package issues may not be related to yours.

I might have to do all db sql stuff to get it to work.. HMMMM.. scary.!

It depends on what changes you make really.

If you are wishing to alter the structure of the database tables whilst also maintaining data entered in the live site (and not any data entered in the development site) then its a very complex issue to automatically manage . I did take a look at it once, I spent days on it and the solution I had was really not acceptable.

There may well be other applications out there whose sole job is to manage database schema comparisons and deal with deployments of those changes, but I've never used one. A quick google found this:
https://www.red-gate.com/products/mysql/mysql-compare/

I have written a normal windows application for mssql to compare and update/synchro databases, and have been meaning to update it to include mySQL. When I get around to doing this I will make it available.

I need to do it for my self, but you know the story, too many things too little time, if only we had 25hr days :)

My main issue was when people added data to both sites, as some data could be considered part of the application's structure (say a list of countries) where other parts could be considered as user inputted data (say an events list). Then you needed to work out what / how to synchronize that, the closest I got was logging every database alteration / insert as sql queries then if possible chronologically applying them to the target database, or flagging it if there were conflicts.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back