Editing message for list email plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
I have pre-configured elements in the list email plugin.
upload_2021-11-16_11-30-21.png
upload_2021-11-16_11-30-46.png

But I want users to be able to 'edit the message' according to their needs. As some users may have the need to remove some data. I noticed that the users did not have access to edit the message unless they belonged to one of the following Joomla Assigned User Groups:
  1. Author
  2. Editor
  3. Publisher
This issue only happens on a 'Registered' site, where users have to login. When the site is public editing the message is easily done. However when 'Registered' users are assigned to any of those 3 groups an 'Empty' icon appears. Looks like:
upload_2021-11-16_11-31-59.png
Two questions:

1. How do I remove that empty icon if I choose to use the Joomla groups
  2. How can I give registered users the ability to edit the message without using any of the above Joomla user groups, author, editor or publisher?

Fabrik is using Joomla access levels, so it depends on your Joomla group and access level settings and your list access settings.

Default list access settings are:
Edit records: public
Empty records: special (which is by default assigned to J!groups Autor,Manager,Superad)

So set "Edit records" to Registered or/and "Empty records" to Superadmin (or create an additional access level like "nobody" and use this)

Edit: If you are referring to the "Message" field in the popup: do you have WYSIWIG enabled? Then it may also depend on your WYSIWIG editor settings: e.g. JCE's default profile doesn't allow registered to edit.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. The solution here was to change the editor from JCE to TinyMCE. That did it. I didn't even have to assign any of the default roles of publisher, editor or author. Change to TinyMCE was all I needed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back