Element Plug-ins (Element Types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

I tried to learn by myself using wiki http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/Element_Plug-ins and there are some questions:

1. access ? example how it can be used for?
2. Digg ? there is no digg in my list of elements? plugins, why?
3. Image: a) it needs ?full image path? ? where I can find it to copypaste? b) in wiki there is a ?root folder? which I have no in Fabrik 3.0 ? are you going to restore it?
4. What does tip (not yet written) for all foxy elements (Google o meter, IP, jsperiodical, internalid, Kaltura etc) mean: not written an article in wiki or not written plugin? I have most of them in a list of element plug-ins, and have no idea can I use them and what are they for. Please, explain.

The 'access' element in f3 is being deprecated, and replaced with the 'usergroup' element. An example use would be on a form that uses the juser form plugin to create users, when used by an admin, to select the usergroups the user should be assigned to in J!.

The 'digg' element has been deprecated in f3, and replaced with the 'thumbs' element.

In the wiki, 'not written' means no Wiki article.

BTW, the 3.x element list (which we're still working on) is here:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/element-plugins/

-- hugh

of course, thank you for answer, but was a little disappointing... you realized great number of elements for fabrik and there are still no info how to use a big part of them!(( Should I ask for every particular element without description here to get this info, or you have better ideas how I can get this information?

install the plugin - each option has a full explanation as to what it does.
Yes this would be good to get into the wiki with examples etc, and we are getting there but for now some plugins dont have a wiki page.

For example I think today based on another of your posts I filled in the wiki page for the form plugin, well that took an hour, so with answering forum posts etc its not possible to get all of these help pages done in a short time.

And really all I have done on that wiki page is copy the options and option description text that are already shown when you use the plugin, so you can ask and we will try to get docs updated and/or whilst waiting you can install the plugin and read what each option does

Finally note that we are/were foucsing our documentation on the core plugins that are shipped with the main zip, and ones only available from github are less likely to have had their docs written for them (yet!)

install the plugin - each option has a full explanation as to what it does.

it is not, sorry, that's why here is often the only chance for me to get info about plugin or smth, because none info in tutorials or wiki. It means that finally it is more expansive (time) for all of us than invested in tutorials and wiki, and it is obvious. Well, it is reality, and I'll ask here what I cannot find in other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back