End of row not properly set for Repeat row with multi colomns

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulV888

Hi,

I found and issue with the repeat data form/group where a /div was missing and the row and fabrikSubGroups are not properly aligned. I traced it back to groupModel setColumnCss. This function does not set endRow when on the last element, if the last element does not end on the end of the row.

That is a complicated piece of code, someone please double-check if I got that all right.

Now the fabrikSubGroups line up properly:
upload_2023-3-12_20-25-33.png

Sorry I am not setup for github, attached group.php.

Fabrik 4 Gamma2
Joomla! 4.2.8 Stable
PHP Version 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.10
Apache/2.4.52
MySql: 8.0.32

Attachments

• group.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 51
It looks that you are using the bootstrap_tabs template in your example?
a complicated piece of code
Yup. All should do for single and multicolumn, with hidden elements not counting no matter if at the start/middle/end of a row ...

I did fixes for multicolumn bootstrap form and details templates (pretty hacky "just make it work" ones) some time ago. Maybe your fix is solving the underlying issue...
Can you please test, if the bootstrap templates are still working with your modification?
Or maybe a fix has to be added to bootstrap_tabs also?
Or the fixes can be removed?

Here the fixes

upload_2023-3-13_10-27-23.png upload_2023-3-13_10-28-6.png upload_2023-3-13_10-28-45.png

Yep bootstrap_tabs was my focus.

--I did fixes for multicolumn bootstrap form and details templates (pretty hacky "just make it work" ones) some time ago. Maybe your fix is solving the underlying issue...
I see that now, that fixed the bootstrap edit view, and probably could have save me a couple of hours debugging if I had found them :oops:, I didn't see a fix in the detail view? However details does not suffer from the same issue.

--Can you please test, if the bootstrap templates are still working with your modification?
I did, and yes they still are, with or without my modification

--Or maybe a fix has to be added to bootstrap_tabs also?
Boostrap and Tabs share the same multi-colomn layout and of course model, the model fix seems to fix for all. I assume the "hacky" one could have fixed the tabs layout as well.

Or the fixes can be removed?
I think so.

On the fixed,
1. default_group.php I tested without it and looks good, but having both does not break either, which I actually expected
2. default.php. I did not test around that, seemed to be unrelated.
3. default_group.php, same as 1? I didn't see a fix in default_group_detail.php.

This is what I tested, and I only tested for the breaking case, i.e. where number of elements on last row < number of columns
current gamma2, aka template fix
bs - edit - good
bs - detail - good
tabs - edit - div missing
tabs - detail - div missing

model fix - with template fix
bs - edit - good
bs - detail - good
tabs - edit - good
tabs - detail - good

model fix - removed template fix
bs - edit - good
bs - detail - good
tabs - edit - good
tabs - detail - good

p.s. what is the current branch in github, master seems to be behind? I'll probably go ahead and fork it.

Sorry, I lost sight of it and it didn't make it into Gamm3a.
So after updating with Gamma3 you'll have to add your fix again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back