Error upgrading administrator component from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2

informdk

When I try to upgrade the Administrator Component from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 with Joomla Updater I have the message:

An error happened
-1 Copy file failed

The URL component:
http://fabrikar.com/update/fabrik31/com_fabrik.xml

I tried also downloading the fabrick component and installing from folder option but I have the same error.

I cleared cache, check file permissions.. It seems to be the fabrick's zip?
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance...

It's strange... other plugins and module were installed succesfully.
Cheking warnings in Joomla Site told temp directory was not writable (although in global configuration says that it is) but I've modified the php upload_tmp_path and now there is no warnings but the problem persists.
Time before, this website was on a hosted server (I think with Apache) but now is on a owned IIS 7.5 with php 7.0.7 server.
Any help is welcome !

It's probably one of the folders that we manually copy some stuff to.

Check ./libraries and ./libraries/fabrik, ./libraries/joomla, ./libraries/joomla/documents, make sure those are writeable.

-- hugh

I have given grants of full control to the whole partition for everyone (to locate the cause) but the error persists. The temp directory is writable. There are a lot of stuff there. Sounds like a folder access issue yes... but... I don't know how could be... perhaps a missconfiguration in the IIS Server..?
Is there any way to debug and know what file and folder casuses the error? I have try with Joomla debug and error reporting options but I don't find it.. The stack ends at JFolder::copy() \libraries\cms\installer\installer.php:1643

1 JApplicationCms->execute() \administrator\index.php:51
2 JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute() \libraries\cms\application\cms.php:261
3 JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch() \libraries\cms\application\administrator.php:152
4 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() \libraries\cms\application\administrator.php:98
5 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() \libraries\cms\component\helper.php:380
6 require_once() \libraries\cms\component\helper.php:405
7 JControllerLegacy->execute() \administrator\components\com_installer\installer.php:19
8 InstallerControllerUpdate->update() \libraries\legacy\controller\legacy.php:702
9 InstallerModelUpdate->update() \administrator\components\com_installer\controllers\update.php:42
10 InstallerModelUpdate->install() \administrator\components\com_installer\models\update.php:362
11 JInstaller->update() \administrator\components\com_installer\models\update.php:425
12 JInstallerAdapter->update() \libraries\cms\installer\installer.php:684
13 JInstallerAdapter->install() \libraries\cms\installer\adapter.php:1049
14 JInstallerAdapterComponent->parseOptionalTags() \libraries\cms\installer\adapter.php:703
15 JInstaller->parseMedia() \libraries\cms\installer\adapter\component.php:425
16 JInstaller->copyFiles() \libraries\cms\installer\installer.php:1520
17 JFolder::copy() \libraries\cms\installer\installer.php:1643

Any suggestions? Thank you!

After doing an intensive global checking and no results found I've tried a different aproach to solve the problem. I have downloaded the Process Monitor from sysinternals and I have tried to update with the monitor wathing the HD. After several filters across near 500.000 events I have discover an operation with result: ACCESS DENIED with the file: media\com_fabrik\images\Thumbs.db
After delete this file, update has been done succesfully !!

Thank you !

Hmm. Sorry about that. We do specifically have a 'gitignore' to keep Thumbs.db out of our repo, and prevent them from being included in our builds. For exactly that reason - often the operating system will have Thumbs.db open and it can't be written to.

Looks like that one crept in a few years ago, and you happened to be the first person to get caught out by it.

I've removed it from github, so it won't be in the next build.

And one of these days I'm going to submit a PR on Joomla to improve the error reporting from the JFolder / JFile copying, so it actually reports the filename it failed on!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back